TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to change my power steering hoses on my 5.0 Sport, any recommendations on any after market brands or NOS would be appreciated.There are a few NOS hoses left out there for almost 3 times the cost of after market.Just don't want to be changing these over and over again.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
If possible, I use OEM for everything. Don't have to worry about fitment or compatibility.

I gradually got to that point after years of "just going to Advance" for everything. You don't end up saving money (or time) in the long run.

Al

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi.

This is my first post here in TCCOA and would like to say that I've learned a lot reading the posts. Instead of just saying HI to everyone, I think is my opportunity to help.

I have a NOS pressure hose that goes from the pump to the small L shaped fitting on the rack, PN is F1SZ-3A719-A. It is for variable assist V8 5.0L. You can have it for free, just pay for the shipping.

Please let me know.

Humberto.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I have a 4.6 car but I had to change the PS hoses on my car, I went with aftermarket (forget the company exactly) and they didnt fit like OEM. They are too long and have extra mounting points. Since I swapped an engine I drilled and tapped new places so they will fit better but that is my experience. I will however say they seem reliable, they havent rusted at all after being on the car for 3 years and havent leaked either.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi.

This is my first post here in TCCOA and would like to say that I've learned a lot reading the posts. Instead of just saying HI to everyone, I think is my opportunity to help.

I have a NOS pressure hose that goes from the pump to the small L shaped fitting on the rack, PN is F1SZ-3A719-A. It is for variable assist V8 5.0L. You can have it for free, just pay for the shipping.

Please let me know.

Humberto.
Sent PM

·
The Parts Guy
7,357 Posts
If you want something that will outlast the rest of the car, assemble a PTFE-lined, SS-braided hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts