TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a fluid leak on my 95 SC.

Noticed it recently, topped the reservoir off and it's getting a bit low again.

What are common trouble areas I should check? It seems my SC spends a good $500-750/year in the shop; much cheaper than a car payment and is riding with style more than anything new coming out of Detroit, so I shall keep it a bit longer :)

Radiator has a slight leak, put in a new all metal rad 4 years ago, will pull it and have it repaired.

Rock broke my windshield over the winter, glass store is coming out to replace it for me.

Debating what to have done this year. In the last 2 years, had both front upper control arms replaced, had bushings on the front swaybar replaced, new alternator, new tires, alignments after each front end job. Thinking maybe it's time for tie rods and ends, but reckon if the pump is what's leaking, that could be a good investment this year.

Also need to replace the 2 plastic gears in the odo, but that's simple enough that I can do it myself :)

·
Hittin' Switches
1,484 Posts
I have a fluid leak on my 95 SC.

Noticed it recently, topped the reservoir off and it's getting a bit low again.

What are common trouble areas I should check? It seems my SC spends a good $500-750/year in the shop; much cheaper than a car payment and is riding with style more than anything new coming out of Detroit, so I shall keep it a bit longer :)

Radiator has a slight leak, put in a new all metal rad 4 years ago, will pull it and have it repaired.

Rock broke my windshield over the winter, glass store is coming out to replace it for me.

Debating what to have done this year. In the last 2 years, had both front upper control arms replaced, had bushings on the front swaybar replaced, new alternator, new tires, alignments after each front end job. Thinking maybe it's time for tie rods and ends, but reckon if the pump is what's leaking, that could be a good investment this year.

Also need to replace the 2 plastic gears in the odo, but that's simple enough that I can do it myself :)

i hate when that happens.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Disconnect the lines with proper flare-nut wrenches, if you don't have flare nut wrenches ...get some... wrap the fittings with teflon tape... re-connect... enjoy... I'm sure you will find a loose fitting or one soaked in crud, dirt, grime, and fluid... thats likely the culprit, if you don't have jack stands either get those or get those plastic ramps they sell at autozone and walmart. You shouldn't need to take it to a shop for this. Righty tighty... lefty loosey :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts