TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My power steering pump has been quite whiney lately. I have a 92 Supercoupe and had my hydroboost installed from a shop a couple months ago. After its been installed ive had some problems with no brake assist, and a loud power steering with loss of power steering.

After draining the power steering fliud from the power steering cooler hose it and adding new fliud it made the pump alot quieter. The power steering was alot better too. I had a warranty on the hydroboost and had Matt Sweeting fix it. So now it has brake assist but the pump is still too loud and it seems to be getting louder the more I drive it.

I was thinking it may be my varitable assist valve is not working good enough, or something maybe is wrong with the rack and pinion.

Does anyone know what I can buy to connect the hydroboost and power steering pump? I think if I take out the varitable assist valve it can flow better maybe. Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,609 Posts
My power steering pump has been quite whiney lately. I have a 92 Supercoupe and had my hydroboost installed from a shop a couple months ago. After its been installed ive had some problems with no brake assist, and a loud power steering with loss of power steering.

After draining the power steering fliud from the power steering cooler hose it and adding new fliud it made the pump alot quieter. The power steering was alot better too. I had a warranty on the hydroboost and had Matt Sweeting fix it. So now it has brake assist but the pump is still too loud and it seems to be getting louder the more I drive it.

I was thinking it may be my varitable assist valve is not working good enough, or something maybe is wrong with the rack and pinion.

Does anyone know what I can buy to connect the hydroboost and power steering pump? I think if I take out the varitable assist valve it can flow better maybe. Any help is much appreciated.
I would say that if you remove the variable assist that you would be better off if you're using the hydroboost. The variable assist reduces pressure at higher highway speeds and it seems to me that if you're using the same pressure line then you wouldn't want reduced braking in the same situation.

I believe that you can just remove the variable assist module and put the PS pressure hose straight into the pump.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I finally got my car fixed, my hydroboost return line was plugged into the power steering return line and slowing down the flow. I had my dad help me out and plugged the hydroboost return line directly into the reservour.

Now my car stops and steers alot better, but the stock brake pads are small and cobra brakes will be my next upgrade. Its lots of fun driving this car, its quick, I got a sound system and had tokico blues installed.

Im happy I got my car back on the road. Hopefully traffic will pick up on this site.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts