TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so when I got my tbird the power steering really didnt work, but now its gotten even stiffer. Sometimes it will jerk a little while driving and when the car isnt moving it is almost impossible to move the steering wheel. does anyone have any ideas as to what it may be? the only thing i can think of is the pump is bad. The power steering fluid is filled to where it should be. any thoughts would be really apreciated!
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm i dont believe its really noisy at all except for when the car is still and you try to move the wheel then it does make noise. (it hasnt worked normally since i've gotten it so i'm not sure what normal noise would be though.) i have not tried flushing it, i guess i'll attempt that today.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
my power steering is cutting out a bit here and there when I am putting the car in drive and rolling forward. Its just for a second or two and then I feel it engaging again. I think its the power steering pump because I've flushed the fluids appropriately and the rack may also be the cause but I dont think so, its not leaking or anything like that. So Im pretty sure I'm going to go the extra mile and replace the power steering pump while the K-member is dropped for the addco bar. I have a chiltons manual for reference. is there any other better reference to follow along than that.

I've never done it so any pointers would be awesome.

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
The Ford service manual is an excellent source. It tells you how to do it right the first time. It's about two inches thick. These can usually be found on eBay. At least, that's where I found mine.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll second that green book, mine came with the car... with the original reciept $60 back in the day

1 - 7 of 7 Posts