TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting this Bird back up and running after sitting for several years (the tags on it are 97). I've run into a number of issues, it seems that everytime I fix one thing and think I'm getting close to being done, something else goes wrong... I think I'm going to have a brand new car by the time I get done replacing everything that's not working... Ok, thanks for listening to my venting, now on to the newest issue:

The passenger side window is having trouble going in either direction. It will move a couple of inches up or down, but stop, although the motor continues to run. I pulled the door panel off to watch what happens, and the window will go fully up and down (with my assistance) and stay there. I can see that the window is all the way down and if I push the down button, the motor runs. Same thing if it is all the way up and I push the up button.

On a side note, when I pulled the door panel off on the driver side to compare, there is an extra plug with 2 male connectors connected to the window/mirror/lock harness. Any idea of what this is for?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
nsargent said:
On a side note, when I pulled the door panel off on the driver side to compare, there is an extra plug with 2 male connectors connected to the window/mirror/lock harness. Any idea of what this is for?
I'm guessing it's because the driver's door has extra stuff the passenger side doesn't, like the mirror controls.

·
Registered
630 Posts
motor going bad would be my first guess

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
ill second that, it happened to my cougar , just waht your decribing,. the plastic gears in the head are shot , replace motor , az is truley your cheapest source on this, they are only about 60 and are new not reman and made by valeo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts