TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone here have/use a pre paid cell phone? do those eat your money like pay phones do? i searched online and only got the card fee's. didnt help much. thanks

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Don't do it. They aren't very cost effective, the only advantage is no contract.

-Miller

·
Cougar Pilot
3,443 Posts
Agreed! I had some Trackfone (?) BS and it ended up being like $1 a minute. Absolutely crap. Your minutes expire within a month after you activate the new card if you don't use them all...

·
8,239 Posts
yeah they are junk. My brother had one for a while, and it turned out to be like a buck a minute. Now he has a cricket phone, unlimited local calls for 40 bucks a month.

Not a bad deal, but its a no frills phone (analog network), and no long distance.

JH

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I friend of mine did the whole pre paid phone thing for a while because she didn't want to pay for minutes she wasn't using. Needless to say, she was paying more with the pre-paid phone each month than she would going with someone like T-Mobile or something.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Nextel. Done.

Easiest way to go.

CinncyBell wireless here in Ohio is actually pretty good for prepaid if you dont use your phone during peak time.

Peak 7am-7p

100$ phone card will get you 1000 min, OFF TIME, and only 500 during peak. but I had it in the good ol days of high school, and it was ok but I wouldnt go to one of those "pagers, cell phones, beer, snacks, and gas " stores...they are just serving the drug dealers and are going to screw you no matter what.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts