TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1995-Mercury-XR7-SVO-Custom-Built-Show-Car-/221003948895?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3374dca35f

This is a very rare and unique Custom Cougar. As the story goes, it was built by the original selling dealership in Florida & is one of the few that remain today. It has a big block 400 original engine with added air induction, a 2 stage B&M shift kit was also added to the modifications which is controlled by a switch in the car. The car runs and drives very good to excellent, the body has no rust, the paint is mostly original but is still in good to very good condition. There are a few scratches and a few minor dings but overall, the car is very presentable. Everywhere this car has been shown it draws a crowd because it is so unique and different. Look at the engine compartment, it is wall to wall motor, another huge crowd pleaser. If your looking for a very reasonably priced unique collector Cougar and also a car to use as a daily driver (it gets excellent gas mileage) then this is the car for you! We put a buy it now price on this car that is extremely reasonable. It is my son's car and is titled in his name. Since he has driven the car, he has not had one issue with it mechanically. If you have any questions, please call 865-232-2379 or send us an email.

Sooooo much :facepalm:

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Wait, a 400? Like an actual 335 series 400? Thats awesome, love those engines. In an MN12? Hell yeah.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
That's some impressive tech! I wish I knew how to turn a mod 4.6 into a 400 cid....Was that mod performed by David Copperfield or Chris Angel?

·
Administrator
745 Posts
Lol. Look at the other vehicle they are selling....looks like grade-schoolers made the white
lettering for the bed on it!

·
Super Moderator
16,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol. Look at the other vehicle they are selling....looks like grade-schoolers made the white
lettering for the bed on it!
Ha! I didn't notice that was the same seller. That truck is reason #37 Carrol Shelby is an overrated greedy whore.

Not only will he put his name on anything for royalties, he'll put it on 48 times where peoples asses reside(which is the perfect place for a Shelby badge):D

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts
pfft. What a POS.

The RR arm rest is laying on the rear seat. :facepalm:

People like this give MN12's a bad name.

OH, and LOL at Shelby's name where people park their ass.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
How can people be that stupid?? It's got a 4.6 badge right on the fender...wow. Glad there isn't a space to post questions to the seller cause I'd blow him out for false advertising.

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
Odd how the VIN says its a 4.6 not a 400...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Yep, that is the 94-5 4.6l SVO induction system. It adds 2L of displacement, IIRC. I think the secret is in the ribs of the tube! lol

All in all, it looks pretty clean though. Not a fan of the stripes!

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
How can people be that stupid?? It's got a 4.6 badge right on the fender...wow. Glad there isn't a space to post questions to the seller cause I'd blow him out for false advertising.
His number is on the add.. Just call em lol!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I (sort of) like the truck.. That Cougar is a giant fake.

·
Registered
43 Posts
words dont even begin

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Wow, a Cougar with a body kit, aftermarket wheels, bbk cam covers, and a red home made warm air intake!

This button controlled shift kit, I think that the OD lockout button just stopped working or something.

But some people believe this dumb stuff, buyers and sellers. I nearly walked away from my 97 Cougar once the salesman started spinning a tale of special ordering his Thunderbird with the Police Interceptor motor with the cop chip. That should have been a red flag to stay away to me.

·
Super Moderator
11,908 Posts

But some people believe this dumb stuff, buyers and sellers. I nearly walked away from my 97 Cougar once the salesman started spinning a tale of special ordering his Thunderbird with the Police Interceptor motor with the cop chip. That should have been a red flag to stay away to me.
That reminds me of a run in I had with a used car salesman a few years ago. Was it on a car lot? Nope. I ran into this idiot in a model home!

Back in 2004 when the housing bubble was just hitting it's stride and my wife and I were shopping a house. We stopped into this community to scope out a few homes.

This idiot was the sales rep for the builder and proceeded to tell me what a "great deal" he could make me on this POS home ... he tells me what a great sales man he was, how his sales were the best among his peers, etc. Oh, the BS was sickening. I could've sworn I was standing in a used car show room. This guy even told me he use to sell cars. I was like "Really?", "I would've never guessed." LOL

Needless to say we didn't buy in that community. But it just goes to show you how out of control the housing market was at the time.

·
pendejo
430 Posts
If I was a girl named Shelby I would totally buy that truck. I don't really know how to comment on the "very reasonably priced unique collector Cougar"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts