TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me where i can find a wiring diagram for my 95' Thunderbird Lx with premium audio? i need to know where the power antenna wire goes and what it looks like...

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
It's an Orange wire with light blue tracer, and will be in the 'power' plug, not the 'speakers' plug.

I think the gray plug is the power plug; it's the only 2" long plug on the premium sound wiring.

It's the same color regardless of radio type. Switching it to +power will raise it up.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
if you would just buy the freagin adapter it comes with a wiring diagram...seriosuly go and google and you'll see literally every reputable place says buy the adapter instead of cutting the connectors off

·
Registered
623 Posts
Listen to you mr. attitude...don't you have inaccurate information to post somewhere on this forum. To 95Green, go to the12volt.com for your car audio info, its a great site.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Listen to you mr. attitude...don't you have inaccurate information to post somewhere on this forum. To 95Green, go to the12volt.com for your car audio info, its a great site.
umm its not incorrect by any means as i made the same mistake some what. i went in there cutting and what not to realise that the adapter is the problem solver as i have yet to find a wiring diagram unless you get it with the special adapter for the premium audio which i might add is only 25 bucks and is readily available from best buy. second off if he ever try's to change the radio out its going to be a pain as there is very little meat to work with with those wires. plus it makes wiring a radio up quite nicely.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I never said your statement in THIS thread was inaccurate.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
www.the12volt.com is a GREAT place for electronics and wiring diagrams etc... check out there database.
i checked that site just for future reference and it has one diagram but i'm not sure if its the premium audio or the standard stereo. it looks like it's just the stereo.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I got an adapter for my premium sound head unit from wally world for a whopping 8 bucks and some change after tax. Took about an hour to remove the stock head unit and about 12.5 seconds to install the new one and start jamming. 9 times out of 10, the wiring adapter will be similar in color coding as the head unit being installed. All you need is some common sense and a little electrical tape. Oh and some patience for that damned factory head unit.

·
Super Moderator
11,018 Posts
the wiring adapter will be similar in color coding as the head unit being installed. All you need is some common sense and a little electrical tape.
That is not accurate. Factory decks wiring colors vary a lot, so RTFM when you connect the wires.

Both the adapter and deck will come with a manual; use them. :)

Unless you hadn't noticed, common sense isn't so common anymore... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
641 Posts
The one that plugs straight in to the factory plug and then you splice it into the CD player. The plug and play adapter had the same colors as the CD player harness. Just saying... It's not hard if you are the least bit knowledgeable in car audio. This is what I was talking about - http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID1/151/sfID2/158/productID/227

·
WOT Junkie and avid corn burner
3,734 Posts
The adapter I bought for my stereo had all the plugs to plug into the factory harness with out modification. The only wiring I had to do was between the adapter and the wiring harness that came with the head unit. Then again, I don't have the premium audio option. All of the wire colors matched up perfectly.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Thats the way mine was. And I'M an idiot...

·
Registered
893 Posts
That is not accurate. Factory decks wiring colors vary a lot, so RTFM when you connect the wires.

Both the adapter and deck will come with a manual; use them. :)

Unless you hadn't noticed, common sense isn't so common anymore... :rolleyes:
What he said is accurate; he didn't mean the factory wiring itself, but the adapter that connects to that. The adapter's wire colors will, 99% of the time, match the aftermarket unit's wire colors, because they try (not a guarantee, there are oddballs) to follow a standard color set. The adapter's wires will also usually state on the insulation what each wire is for, and the aftermarket unit's harness will sometimes also say the same on either the wire itself or a tag on the wire.

·
Banned
754 Posts
does it have a cougar of the same year? I would think the wiring would be the same... i could be wrong, but i agree with the others, by the adapter, thats what I did for my stereo and am i glad for it now lol.

only thing is i can't get my deck to dim with the rest of my dash... some extra wires in there that have no place to go on my car :(

·
Registered
641 Posts
Sorry, I'm getting bashed in other threads for asking questions when the search feature doesn't have anything on the subject, I'm just a bit irritated by some other members, my apologies if I sounded like an a$$. Just sayin how easy it was for me.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
does it have a cougar of the same year? I would think the wiring would be the same... i could be wrong, but i agree with the others, by the adapter, thats what I did for my stereo and am i glad for it now lol.

only thing is i can't get my deck to dim with the rest of my dash... some extra wires in there that have no place to go on my car :(
Does the deck dim when the headlights are switched on? If not then it is possible that your deck didn't come with that option. I don't know why but some decks are like that. I came across that a few days ago when I moved my girlfriends deck from her old car to her new car. The deck just didn't have that wire so if she wants it to dim she'll have to do it manually.

I'm not sure if any aftermarket radio is supposed to dim along with the interior lights. It's possible I'm sure but maybe not every deck will have that option either. I know that my deck dims when the headlights are on but other than that I'm sure if they'll dim any further. I'll let you know if I figure this out more later.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Does the deck dim when the headlights are switched on? If not then it is possible that your deck didn't come with that option. I don't know why but some decks are like that. I came across that a few days ago when I moved my girlfriends deck from her old car to her new car. The deck just didn't have that wire so if she wants it to dim she'll have to do it manually.

I'm not sure if any aftermarket radio is supposed to dim along with the interior lights. It's possible I'm sure but maybe not every deck will have that option either. I know that my deck dims when the headlights are on but other than that I'm sure if they'll dim any further. I'll let you know if I figure this out more later.
I don't think any aftermarket decks dim with the dimmer control anymore, and there are just a few, it seems, that have a dimmer wire so that they dim to a preset level when the headlights are turned on. My Kenwood KDC-X693 deck has just such an illumination wire, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work. I pulled the radio out twice to make sure the wiring was still connected (it was), but the dimmer feature stopped working the next day each time! I'm kinda pissed because that was a major reason why I bought that particular unit - I wanted it to seem as "factory" as possible.

Dennis

·
Registered
933 Posts
I don't think any aftermarket decks dim with the dimmer control anymore, and there are just a few, it seems, that have a dimmer wire so that they dim to a preset level when the headlights are turned on. My Kenwood KDC-X693 deck has just such an illumination wire, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work. I pulled the radio out twice to make sure the wiring was still connected (it was), but the dimmer feature stopped working the next day each time! I'm kinda pissed because that was a major reason why I bought that particular unit - I wanted it to seem as "factory" as possible.

Dennis
My Pioneer has a dimming function, but like you said, it's only a set amount, I wish I could control it, or at least change the preset amount.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I was able to control the dim funtion (change the % of dim) on my Pioneer. It took a little to find it. Now I put it in a different car and forgot how to set it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts