TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anything I should do while the tranny is out of the car before I have it installed with a 3800 stall TC with mark flexplate? I will be havin the harness rewiren as soon as the harness is out.. I know there jmod isnt needed just to drill the seperator plate? Removing the 1-2 spring would be ok?? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
I would either get a spiral lock kit or have the snap ring that holds the mechanical diode on welded.
Removing the 1-2 bottom spring and installing a brown top spring is something you should definitely do with that converter.

·
Registered
2,662 Posts
Contact Alan and have the diode done right. He welds them up quite nice. Add a cooler, and a Magnefine filter. Umm, what else, new pump gaskets if you haven't already bought them (if you send the drum/diode to dirtyd0g for welding, you will need to pull the pump). Other than that, can't think of much.

Jay

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
If you are going to get that involved just bring the car here :)
I have a flusher to properly flush the radiator (rotunda) I don't like the in line filters, but if you don't have a good flusher use one for the first couple thousand miles and then remove it. They just become another maintenance item, the transmission has a good filter on it. I can do a 3/8 cooler line setup for next to nothing :)
Alan

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so can you tow my car to cincinnati for free? Im thinking it will cost about 400 bucks just to tow :( Ive never heard replacing a "brown" spring. I did hear about diode welded. Any picture of the diode all welded up? My dad is a professional welder and could just have him do it. How hard is it to remove the pump? I really need a new pump gasket with only 5k on the tranny?

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your seriouse about bringing it down to you what would you charge to setup my tranny and install? I'll see what ill be charged for a flatbed run. The tranny in it now has no forward gears or reverse soo it doesnt move on its own power at all. I will have the flexplate ordered next week along with my trans harness. So everything will be here minus "brown" spring. What you think? Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts