TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so after disconnecting the power steering lines on the XR7 I have the elbow out that connects the pressure line to the rack. I was assuming this was where my leak was coming from but in looking at it it doesn't look bad at all but I figure I'd replace it anyway since I don't want to do this job again. Anyone know where I can get one? PN is F1SZ-3A719-D but the Ford dealer no longer has them and a junk yard most likely trashed it when removing the rack.
--
John

·
Registered
893 Posts
Dealer only part. Try checking other dealers, I called one that was able to see others' inventory and found a part I needed that way.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks d0g but that part# is for the return line, the one I need is for the pressure line, has threaded fittings at both ends, the rack end has the line run through the threaded nut much like a metal fuel lines do.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Go to the junk yards and get one.
most times ive ever seen a bird in the yard the rack was still installed and complete.
why do you feel you need a new one anyways? is it cracked or broken? if its leaking it could just most likely be the seals on either side of the elbow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In all honestly, I don't know that is what was leaking as I couldn't see where the effing thing was leaking from with everything in place. The fluid was coming from above the rack, looked like within the crossmember but again I couldn't see. The elbow looks to be in good shape so maybe I'll just get the O-rings and replace those and see how it goes. I just didn't want to do the job twice if this is the failing part. Ford dealer in town wants $72 (said he could still order it) so for my time and the price of new O-rings and a new pressure line maybe I'll be OK reusing it. At least now I know how to get to it

·
Registered
240 Posts
you can take a couple of bolts out of the crossmember that hold the PS lines and pull them down to take a better look to find your leak if you havent already.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts