TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well i just got my car not too many months ago and i decided to make my own "lower intake tube" which i stuck down into the fender well and put a K&N open element on the end. Well as i was installing the intake tube and i kind of tugged on the intake temperature sensor it just came off into my hand! I looked down and i found that the wire was cut about 6-7 inches from where the sensor is. However to fix this problem i simply just soldered it back together and put some shrink tube and electrical tape... Well after about 25 minutes of driving the check engine light turns on? So i was wondering how i can fix this problem. As the temperature sensor was just cut off and the wires werent even touching and now that i soldered it together it throws a check engine light? Can anyone help me? Or anyone had a similar problem? Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh ok sorry about that. I will try to go to advance auto or some place similar to decode it... I just found it odd that the CEL wasn't on when it was totally cut off and when i soldered it together it threw a light... But anyways i will get it decoded as soon as possible. Thanks everyone

1 - 4 of 4 Posts