TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to sell my bird and play with something else. I will always go back to the birds as they are my favorite. I was hoping I could get some constructive feedback on the car. I am hoping to get 3k for the car, the book is $1400. I didnt see another forum that this would fit better in.

I have a 91 LX 5.0 with the following changes / upgrades.

91,000 Miles White / Gray
Ram Air Hood (pin on)
Converted to a 5-speed (1k on clutch and rebuilt trans)
Cobra Intake
PP 75mm Polished Tb
C&L 73mm MAF / Conical Filter
Brand New Radiator w/ Spal 16" fan
MAC Shorties w/ 2-1-2 3" exhaust
PBR Front Calipers w/ drilled and slotted rotors
New UCA, LCA, End links, and all new bushings
Eibach 1.5 lowering springs
Converted to Mustang lug Pattern
18x9 Bullets - 245/50 Rear & 245/45 Front
Rear Disc from an SC w/ Brembo Slotted Rotors
Rear bushings replaced
SC tail lights and nose
3:27 Gears (less than 1k on entire rebuild)

The car has been painted prior but in my anal opinion should be repainted. The side moldings were removed from the dufus before me after the car was painted. I presently have black vinyl stripe the same size and lay out as the molding on the side to cover up the paint difference. I just didn't have an updated pic.

What do you guys think? Is it worth 3k?

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I think so.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Pictures would work wonders for a question like this. Does it run? Known problems?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Known problems?
Come on? This was the better question.

Needs pics, but 3k sounds about right.
The posting wouldn't allow me to add pics. I have done it before but don't understand why I cant now. The only thing that I could foresee as an issue as it could use tires and the drivers door sags. The door will be fixed before selling.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Thank you

The B pillar will be finished this weekend. The passenger side is done.
Are you painting the B pillar or putting vinyl on them?

I put new black vinyl on mine, my dad used to do signs for a living so it came out perfect. :)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,028 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Why did you bother with vinyl? Isn't that going to fade over time too?

I just scuffed it up with a scotchbrite pad and shot a few thin coats of this...

And I still have 90% of the can left to spray other things with. I used the same paint to make the wipers look like new... you could use it also on the windshield / glass moldings, etc. $10 for one can to do everything.

·
Super Moderator
9,175 Posts
Yep, same here. Did the rear and front window trim, door trim, sideview mirror trim, wiper arms, and my center console with it. Still have a good bit left too.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Why did you bother with vinyl? Isn't that going to fade over time too?

I just scuffed it up with a scotchbrite pad and shot a few thin coats of this...

And I still have 90% of the can left to spray other things with. I used the same paint to make the wipers look like new... you could use it also on the windshield / glass moldings, etc. $10 for one can to do everything.
Because the door pillars were originally in vinyl and it looks so much better than paint. It doesnt fade, it just becomes brittle and starts to flake off after 20 years. I did my bumper trim and mirrors in that Trim Paint, but I have to redo it every year because the yellow starts to show back through the black part of the bumper.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Because the door pillars were originally in vinyl and it looks so much better than paint. It doesnt fade, it just becomes brittle and starts to flake off after 20 years. I did my bumper trim and mirrors in that Trim Paint, but I have to redo it every year because the yellow starts to show back through the black part of the bumper.

Ditto with the trim. I did the stripe around the car on my 93 SC with that trim paint and looked good for awhile but the yellow came back.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Ditto with the trim. I did the stripe around the car on my 93 SC with that trim paint and looked good for awhile but the yellow came back.
I've had to do mine the last two Julys before this car show that I always go to...

I dont know why the yellow always comes back.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
you cant really paint abs plastic. you can but it wont last.
Then what did they do from the factory?

As far as vinyl fade goes, it just doesnt happen. All of the road signs that you see are reflective vinyl over metal, and the majority of them in this area were put up before my car was built and before I was born. Many speed limit signs in CA still clearly have a vinyl sticker with a "6" over the first "5" in 55 from when California changed their speed limits back to 65mph in 1987, meaning the sign and a vinyl on it are at least 25 years old.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts