TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.tccoa.com/gallery/special/5.jpg

Minus all the "gay" low rider wheels and chrom pieces, I like the look of that kind of paint. How much does that stuff run? I hear its very expinsive from people in my autotech Classes, but noone can tell me. My car really needs a paint job and I was thinking a flat black "primer like" color but i'd like something more "rare" so how much does this kinda paint cost, and what would I look into getting the car painted and preped CORRECTLY.

also how does this stuff stand up for a daily driver?

·
Registered
653 Posts
If it's the color-shifting chameleon paint, I believe it's $500 per pint.

·
Jedi Master
3,647 Posts
i'd that sounds just about right but it also depends how many colors you're using...for three tone i runs something like 750....i though my paint was expensive (250 per pint)

·
Resident Gun Guru
672 Posts
more then gold ;)

·
Registered
708 Posts
the purple on that car is probably some hyundai color with $100 of blue pearl tossed in the base. thats what gives the blue sidetone. When it comes to full colorchanges, most colors are all the same price, adding pearl to the basecoat is zero extra work for the painter. actually, a solid bright red would likely cost a couple hundred more.

I have experience spraying all of the different kameleons, and thats not one of them. Kameleon around here is 250-350/pint, but one pint of paint will make one full quart of sprayable paint. not quite enough for a thunderbird.

From me, that color would run you $2000-3000 depending on shape. and it would (should :rolleyes: ) hold up awesome, just like factory. kameleons start around 5000, and thats for mn12's only!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts