TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i came across a 1997 thunderbird 4.6 with 60,000 miles on it, in excellent condition. has leather interior, sunroof, full power, black with light grey interior, and completely stock.

its at a dealer, and they are listing it for sale at 6,998 dollars!:eek:

when i saw the price i thought no way. i kbb'd it and the price came around 3500-5000. i figure a good price would be 4500. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you look at the retail resale value, it is around $5600. More if it has more options than listed. This is probably the least they would come down. Not to offend anyone, but I have seen Thunderbirds go for almost nothing lately the past year. Your trade in value is only around $2500. Sounds like a good car, but even at retail value, it still seems high. Probably could find one from an individual much cheaper. Remember, that dealer if gonna tack on a couple hundred bucks for their fees too.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Even I think $6998 is high. But, they'll probably get some unsuspecting, naive person who thinks they are getting a deal because of the mileage. "But it's so much cheaper than a newer car with that mileage." (My mom is one of those types of people)

Sounds like a nice car, though.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You know they got that car for dirt. You should be be able to get it for $4500 otd tax title everything. Just tell them this is what i wanna do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts