TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Front swaybar end-links - 36.99ea (Autozone) 38.94ea (Advance)
Lower balljoint - 26.99ea (Autozone) 26.73ea (Advance)
Outer Tie-rod - 19.99ea (Autozone) 21.33ea (Advance)
Upper balljoint - 53.99 (Autozone) 69.74 (Advance)

I'll be shopping at Autozone, thanks. I see Advance is still in the biz. of overcharging. (Around here, anyway.) You Mi. people, if you complain about the stupid people at an AZ, try going to the Westland store, on Wayne Rd. South of Ford. Pretty much everyone there knows thier ****. Especially Jim (one of the Mgr's) he has a SWEET 90's SC.

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
I don't shop based upon price anymore... as long as they are close, I will go to a store that will give me better service... like knowing what the hell they are doing... you will rarley see a man over the age of 40 in an Autozone, unless they are managment... If you go to a local Napa, Advanced, whatever is in your area you will more than likly find someone who has been in the business for years, knows his stuff, and will bend over backwards to get you the right part... Autozone don't care... they just tell you to return it if it's wrong... sorry, but I don't have to time nor the patience to try multiple parts because some kid fresh out of highschool doesn't know the difference between a spark plug and a freeze plug!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Litning said:
I don't shop based upon price anymore... as long as they are close, I will go to a store that will give me better service... like knowing what the hell they are doing... you will rarley see a man over the age of 40 in an Autozone, unless they are managment... If you go to a local Napa, Advanced, whatever is in your area you will more than likly find someone who has been in the business for years, knows his stuff, and will bend over backwards to get you the right part... Autozone don't care... they just tell you to return it if it's wrong... sorry, but I don't have to time nor the patience to try multiple parts because some kid fresh out of highschool doesn't know the difference between a spark plug and a freeze plug!
Please. :leftright

Age has nothing to do with anything. I know ALOT of "kids" that know
WTF they are doing when it comes to auto's. My father began teaching me everything I wanted to know about cars since I was 13. We built a 67' Impala from the ground up, as a father-son project. It took us about 2 years, so it would be perfect by the time I got my license.

Speak about the Autozones YOU have been to, and the people you have talked to, not the company as a whole.

·
Trumpeter Extraordinaire
2,916 Posts
My 2¢, FWIW: Though both places tend to carry identical parts and what-not, the parts Advance Auto Parts carry tend to have longer warranties...

Compare the front end link warranties, for example: the part at AZ has 3 months, while the part at AAP has lifetime replacement...

Just "food for thought."

I used to live down the road from the AZ on Wayne Road, and it was a decent one...the others I've been to haven't been as good. Parts are parts, and, granted, a parts store's description may differ from the description in the service manual, but it's always 'fun,' once in a while, to explain what I'm replacing, and what the part I require does...age makes no difference!

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
It must be nice to have such knowledgable "kids" in your area. Up here in New England, they are few and far between. Maybe your area screens its applicants better, who knows.

John

edited to remove a possible fight in progess :)

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Litning said:

It must be nice to have such knowledgable "kids" in your area. Up here in New England, they are few and far between. Maybe your area screens its applicants better, who knows.

AS for having a very ignorant view of society, If your looking for a fight, you have come to the wrong place. I have not insulted you nor will I. I voiced my opinion on your subject. If you feel that people who do not agree with your point of view are ignorant, then you my friend need to take a close look at yourself and your view of society.

John
:znanner:

·
8,239 Posts
rockauto.com kills them on price every time. I prefer to order all my aftermarket parts from them and let the ups man drop it on my front porch.

·
8,239 Posts
just get a debit card hooked up to your checking account. Thats what I use.

Also if you have a paypal account you can get a debit account through them, and get a paypal debit card.

JH

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The Great Obucina said:

dude....Bennet and Congress Auto 0wn.

joseph
I've never been steered wrong by the guys at the Advance on Southern and SR7. Congress kicks a$$ if they got the parts, they usually have to order them.

·
Johnny Bling Bling
3,811 Posts
as far as the prices go, autozone has always seemed to be a bit cheaper than everyone, but again, you tend to sacrifice the quality of c.s. not all autozones are like that. i started my automotive career at the local az when i moved from RI to MA. i needed a job and they were hiring. i was making a whopping $6.75 an hour. w/in 3 months, they promoted me to manager.....thus increasing my pay to a staggering $8/hr. and working open to close nearly everyday. i have long since moved on, and work in parts dept for ford for over 2 yrs now, and i never regret, or really complain, about az, but it's no wonder a lot of there employees don't care about customers, when it seems that they(az) don't care about their employees. my 2 cents. oh yeah, i get oem parts for everything!!!:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts