TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pick up a Mark VIII.I want to sell the engine.What is a fair price for a complete engine with all accessories,wiring,and computer?The car has 180,000 miles and runs good.No leaks that I can see.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
$200-$1000 depending on how complete, with or without compression readings and warranty.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
$200-$1000 depending on how complete, with or without compression readings and warranty.
I am not in a position to offer a warranty or do a compression test.

Was the Mark wrecked or something?
Not wrecked.The car is complete and being driven,except for the grill insert or whatever it's called.The air suspension bleeds down over night.I plan to buy it for the front/rear suspension,brakes,3rd member,and other various bits.The rest I plan to part out.The first thing I'd like to do is sell the engine and transmission complete with all wiring and electronics.

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Random question what year is the mark? If you're selling parts I could use a gen 2 complete mark intake. If your interested in piecing it out.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
180k on the clock without any evidence to how it's been maintained, etc, don't expect much. Even a "complete setup" can completely fail if abuse + high mileage + negligence is on the menu.
I understand that.It was owned by an older couple and is in fairly good shape inside and out.The air suspension still looks good,just dirty.I think the compressor valve is bad.The one that keeps air from leaking back through the system.That's the reason for the sale.It bleeds down when it sits for a few hours.Takes almost a full 24 hour day for it to loose all air.I been watching it because I pass by a few times everyday.

Not many people are going to want to drop a ~15+ year old motor with 180k miles in their car without some kind of rebuild. Even if it is a 4v motor.. I say $400 if it looks like its in good/decent condition.
$400 was about what I was thinking.A lot of fox body mustang guys are searching for 4.6 to build around here.I maybe able to get more considering I am letting everything go with the engine,including the transmission.Kind of PnP set up for them.

Random question what year is the mark? If you're selling parts I could use a gen 2 complete mark intake. If your interested in piecing it out.
Looks to be 96/97.I haven't been able to catch the guy selling the car.I only got info from the guy at the barber shop were it's parked with a for sale sign on it.He wasn't sure of the year.If I get the car,I'll keep that in mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts