TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have a 1994 3.8 lx bird with 119,000 miles on it and i was wondering around what price could i sell it for?

also i really dont want to just sell it but i want to trade it for an sc...what year sc could i get for my lx and what would the mileage be like on the sc?

i couldnt figure out what forum to post this on so please help me out.

·
Registered
709 Posts
you wont get an even trade for any SC if that is what you mean! Most dealers I talked to say they don't like base tbirds because they don't sell, but whenever they get an SC it sells within a few weeks. SC are usually expensive despite the fact they almost always have high miles and minor problems. The dealers around here know that SCs are in demand and will sell! the last 2 SCs I saw at the local dealer sold for 6k CDN and one was an 89 with 189,000 KMs on it. the other was a 91 automatic with about 250 on her! They both had newer paint jobs mind you, so they looked good. On the other hand they will sell 91 3.8l LX's for 4K. I was going to sell my bird and trade up for the 89 SC. I actually signed the paper work, but decided to back out at the last minute. The SC Idled off, suspension creaked and squeaked, tach and gas gauge didnt work, radio didnt work, and the alternator was going. mind you the 5spd seemed fine and the engine still pulled like mad... but trading in my 92 witch was in better shape, lower KMs, and runs and drives perfect and still having to put down 1500 was stupid. I would rather buy the SC and keep mine as a daily driver. Most SCers will tell you keeping up on these cars is expensive. and unless you got lots o cash to keep it running you better keep a good daily driver!

Jake

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so u think i can get $4k for my 94 3.8 lx?

and what about a 5.0 or 4.6 bird...of course i might have to cough up a few hundred extra dollars

edit: a lot of people on tccoa.com sell their sc's for nice prices tho(under $4k)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have a 95 LX V8 and I have been offered anywhere from $1200 to $4200 on a trade in deal (towards a $10k vehicle!). 103,000 miles and pretty much nothing wrong with it.

I've had ads up for $4000 around town for a couple weeks now and no one bites. I've been offered $3000 straight out from a dealer and $3250 from a private person.

Don't expect more than $3000 for what you have unless it looks, runs and drives like new. Oh, have you done headgaskets yet? The 3.8 headgasket trouble is getting to be pretty widely known around here at least.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no i havent done head gaskets, ive had the 3.8 about 2 months now and now i want either an sc or a 4.6 or 5.0... $3000 is what im looking for around

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
1994 Ford Thunderbird LX Coupe 2D

Engine: V6 3.8 Liter
Trans: Automatic
Drive: Rear Wheel Drive
Mileage: 119,000

Buy a New Car

Buy a Used Car

List Your Car For Sale Online

Free Lemon Check

Auto Loans from 3.99% APR

Insurance Quote

Warranty Quote

Print "For Sale" Sign

Payment Calculator

Sell your car on eBay Motors

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Dual Front Air Bags
Power Seat

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value $2,780
Private Party value represents what you might expect to pay for a used car when purchasing from a private party. It may also represent the value you might expect to receive when selling your own used car to another private party.

p.s this is US currancy... and form KBB.com

·
Registered
709 Posts
no you wont get 4k CDN for it... thats what a dealer might sell it for, but not what you would get for it!

I think I got offered 2500 for my tbird from Ford, my Tbird only has 150KM and is in good shape also.

I would buy it from a TCCOAer myself. You are right, they will give you a better deal and you will know exactly what has been done to the car and such.

Jake

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im tryin to find like an 89 or 90 sc around the pittsburgh area...looks like ill be taking a trip to the auction..........

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
I sold my 90 sc 5 speed with 95,000 and 95 body conversion for 1800 last week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts