Administrator
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't a big fan but the man had talent! :angel2:

Joe

·
Lightly Seasoned
717 Posts
I wasn't a big fan either, But I do respect the fact that he was a singer, songwriter and musician, You don't see that much anymore. RIP Prince!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I know a lot of people appreciate his music and the things he was singing about that were often times considered Taboo at the time.

The style of music though, wasn't my cup-o-tea. In fact, most of 80s music isn't.

·
Super Moderator
11,926 Posts
I enjoyed his music.

He was really big when I was in high school. Listening to the radio station playing his music in tribute last night on my drive out of Boston really took me back in time.

RIP Prince.

·
Super Moderator
16,828 Posts
Very similar death as David Bowie was for me, I really learned to appreciate them viapost mortem tribute coverage than I ever did when they were alive. I do actually tend to like 80s music more than most periods, just for the huge diversity between mainstream genres, no year in my lifetime, except MAYBE when I was 1 or 2 had pop, dance, rap, R&B, and rock acts all be on such a level playing field, there was no act that was on a unsaleable fringe back then(of course PMRC types didn't like that...), and one thing I really dig about Prince is that he never pigeon holed himself into any of them, he encompassed everything I admired about music of that time, could play literally instrument prominent in any sound he was going for not just well, but excellent, but oddly I never could get into his music enough to actually pick up albums and listen over and over.

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
R.I.P P.R.N<iframe width="640" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RC34ZcDiCag?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0" frameborder="2" allowfullscreen></iframe>......bye bye .​

·
Administrator
8,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Boss paying tribute to the Purple One in New York last night.

Joe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts