TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a completely stock bird right now

aside from the minor upgrades should i:

a) add an exaust system, electric fan, intercooler, shift kit, valve body, higher stall torque converter, new gears, new MAF, cpu chip, and new headers (etc, etc) now?

or

b) save up for about about a year and add a supercharger for about the same price?

going for speed here while keeping it as a functional daily driver (for right now).

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
I'd would go with A & B

Get your car ready for the power when you put it on down the road.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
yeah well i'm hoping to do that eventually... financially, i'm thinking it might be smarter to make a supercharger/poop-hits-the-fan piggy bank rather than spending the money as soon as i get it. also, considering the cool factor... i mean adding those little things seems like it would make u sound like a wannabe more than a true player if i added a s/c lol.

i guess my question is, how crazy does my backwards idea of going straight to the big leagues with major upgrades like a supercharger and dohc before the little stuff sound? and if i were to do that what would be the necessary upgrades to hold the added torque/hp? i'm thinking a composite driveline wouldn't be a bad idea for more than one reason... is it necessary to upgrade to new gears too? etc, etc,?

i'm still in school so i'm not working with a lot of money at the moment. and the way i'm going it's probably going to be a few yrs before i will have extra $$ to play with.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
If I were to do it again, I would have gone with a built trans, PI motor, Nitrous, associated fueling upgrades, and a tune. Keep it simple.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
intercooler kind of pointless unless you have forced induction

the other stuff will make the car a lot more fun to drive while you save money for the blower

·
Registered
647 Posts
Terminator = '03-'04 Mustang Cobra. Add a chip, a pulley and exhaust and you're done...with far less aggravation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts