TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
It's going to accelerate harder and use a little bit more gas at highway cruise speeds. Uh, and you need to change the speedo gear. That's pretty much all I can think of.

·
Slacks 12 months a year, TCCoAAC Member
2,530 Posts
Aaron_T said:
Is this a bad idea? Is there anything I should know?
I will let you know tonight.I am putting them in today.
Thanks,
Chris

·
Automatic Weapon
1,219 Posts
Well, I put in 3:73s and was wondering if the 4:10s were a big jump. I talked to "Mountain Cat" who had 3:73s and then went to 4:10s and he said he thought the 3:73 was a better gear. THe 4:10s are good at the track, but if you use your bird for a daily driver, chances are you will enjoy 3:73s more. By the way, the difference between 3:73 and 4:10 at the track isn't all that impressive to begin with.
Mountain Cat, please correct me if I am wrong here.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I HAVE .4.10'S AND I DO HIGHWAY DRIVING .I DONT SEE ANY CHANGES IN GAS ..STAYED THE SAME BEFORE THE 4.10.BUT ON THE OTHER HAND WHEN I DRIVE IN THE CITY.GAS MILAGE DROPS...........IF I KNEW WHAT I KNOW KNOW I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE 3.90'S INSTEAD OF TH 4.10'S
________
Chrysler L platform history

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MRCYCOUG said:
I HAVE .4.10'S AND I DO HIGHWAY DRIVING .I DONT SEE ANY CHANGES IN GAS ..STAYED THE SAME BEFORE THE 4.10.BUT ON THE OTHER HAND WHEN I DRIVE IN THE CITY.GAS MILAGE DROPS...........IF I KNEW WHAT I KNOW KNOW I WOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE 3.90'S INSTEAD OF TH 4.10'S
3.90's? Is there a reason why I haven't seen anyone recommend those? I just wanna know what the best gears would be. I use my car everyday (except for winter which is like 7-8 months of the year here), and I go to the track almost every Sunday. Any thoughts by anyone would be nice

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
You'll also need to get a chip to set your shift points right, I have a friend that stuck gears in his Mustang, and it shifted really crazy until he bought his chip.

·
Registered
164 Posts
3.90 gears

Hey where did you get your 3.90's ive been looking for those for about 8 months and cant seem to find any? All my friends use 3.90's in there old school and semi-new school rides. Please help me

Jesse

1 - 13 of 13 Posts