TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put in a newly rebuilt transmission from an 01 GT, marauder TC, and mkviii flex plate. I also wanted to try adding a speedcal for future upgrades. The problem is, my speedometer is not moving at all now. I'm not sure what it could be. I checked all my connections and everything seems ok. what would the symptoms of a bad VSS be? Is that possibly the problem? I'm not 100% it's not one of the connections that I repinned, because I broke one of the locking clips when changing the wires over. I did however, try my best to hold the wire in when plugging it up and felt like it seated well. Any ideas?

thanks,
Seth

My next option is removing the speedcal and trying it hooked up like stock, or replacing the VSS with the one from the old transmission.

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
ttt.. any ideas? could it be the VSS? What is the symptom of a bad VSS? Thanks.Seth
96 Manual says Symptoms are disengagement / hunting on grades & it should throw up to 4 different P codes - SO.... it should do all kinda weird stuff if not connected to PCM - I'd say it's something in your Speedcal connection / install - A dab of Windshield cement (gorilla snot) on CLEAN outer connector would be a good idea if the damned clip is broken which is WAY too easy to do on these Fords so don;t feel bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts