TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its a '94 Tbird 4.6 with 72k. Original motor/trans. It had some tc slippage but new fluid and filter fixed that. When driving on the highway or city streets, it seems like the car is lunging forward and doesnt cruise smoothly. Acceleration seems ok, but the performance isnt there. The lunging is evident at many speeds and does not occur right before shifting. It shifts like it should. It almost seems like its trying to slip out of the gear but doesnt. The RPMs are steady and don't surge. I am guessing tc/trans problem? Maybe ****ty MAF sensor? I cleaned it and it seems fine. Maybe a crappy spark plug or a miss? There are also no check engine lights. Any ideas? Thanks.

·
Administrator
8,251 Posts
Annihilator said:
It almost seems like its trying to slip out of the gear but doesnt.
Sounds like a bad MLPS on the tranny. People who have had the problem say it's an easy fix, especially the '94s. Just a couple of bolts hold to the tranny.

Joe

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But doesnt a bad mlps shift out of gear for no reason? This is more like a in-gear slippage of the tc or something. Seems like it doesnt want to stay in OD but the friction is causing it to after it tries slipping.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe the clutch packs in the TC are worn to ****. After i changed the fluid, there were no clunks, shutters or noises. Now this new problem.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My final guess is plug wires. THe wires and plugs were replaced a few times under warranty and im going to guess they got ****ty again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts