TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i didnt know exactly where to post this so i just put it in the general tech section..

anywho.. 2 questions here.. working on my uncles 93 dodge grand caravan today.. just routine sparkplug change..(its been sitting for 6 months and wont start either).. had to take the entire upper intake& egr off the top of the motor to get to the rear 3 plugs.. well i got everything back together.. got the new gaskets on etc.. went to bolt up the EGR tube.. trying to blindly screw the bolt in until i needed the wrench.. got it thand tight.. put the wrench on it and SNAP! half the bolt is stuck in the upper intake.. and the other half is in my tool box.. is there an easy way to get this out with out having to remove the entire upper intake again??

2nd question.. im thinking the injectors are clogged shut but id rather have your opinion before i go and drop another $60 in parts for this thing.. the only way we can get the van to start and run is either by spraying carbcleaner/e-z start into the air intake or pouring straight gas into it.. (my uncles not exactly that smart...). what should i do? should i pull the rails and check the injectors and soak the tips in some deep creep or just buy new ones or what?

thanks in advance guys.. oh and the motor is the 3.3L V-6

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fuel pump works like a dream. it was the first thing i checked.. since the tank only had about a gallon in it i just dropped the tank and checked everything out.. the lines and the filter and clean too..theyre brand new..

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you checked the pressure at the fuel rail?
no. that i didnt do. is there a tool for it? thats something ive never done before.. im still learning ;) lol

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
no. that i didnt do. is there a tool for it? thats something ive never done before.. im still learning ;) lol
yes, a fuel pressure gauge. It has a hose that screws to the schrader valve on the rail and has a bleed tube. About 35$ at Advance. Actron is the brand.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes, a fuel pressure gauge. It has a hose that screws to the schrader valve on the rail and has a bleed tube. About 35$ at Advance. Actron is the brand.
sweet. thanx obucina. ill do that friday.. ima be working on the bird for the next 2 days.. lol i need something less complicated to work on :tongue:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well got the van started and running fine.. i opulled off the fuel filter and im guessing it had a vapor lock in the line because it hissed real loud when i got the hose off and then it started pouring gas.. after that (and pounding on the floor of the van with a hammer to make sure the pump would switch on lol) it ran perfectly.. only to find that it wont move because the ABS is locked up.... lol anyways. thanks for the help guys :thumbsup:

·
3rd Gear Chirper
2,399 Posts
Did you try some dynamite? Blow that thing sky high, no more abs problem. :eek:

DODGE= Disastrous Old Derelict Garage Experiment.

Oh, and the 3.3 is a mitsubishi engine, lol.

Seriously, try resetting the abs brain by pulling the fuse.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the calipers are locked up too.. fixed it a little with a hammer lol just enough to move it around in his yard and get it to stop.. lol

and i always though dodge =drop oil drips grease everywhere? :rofl:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts