TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ADDCO 1-1/4 rear swaybar...one of my endlinks is sort of stuck together...basically, that little metal collar type deal that goes over the long bolt is pretty much stuck to the bolt...I have tried penetrating oil, and nothing will separate it. I almost wonder if it is just bent ever so slightly.

I could honestly leave it alone, nothing realy wrong with the endlinks, but I'd like to be able to fix this...

From what I understand the ADDCO bars use their own special links, as in, these are NOT stock endlinks? They have nice poly bushings on them...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Solution For End link woes.

Check out my solution to this problem.
Find a '96-'98 Mark VIII and and get the end links and new poly bushings clean them up spray them with paint and install them. They were meant to support the weight of a Lincoln a piece of cake for a Thunderbird!

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check out my solution to this problem.
Find a '96-'98 Mark VIII and and get the end links and new poly bushings clean them up spray them with paint and install them. They were meant to support the weight of a Lincoln a piece of cake for a Thunderbird!
Mark VIII doesn't really weigh THAT much more than a bird...do you have them installed along with an ADDCO bar?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well, I don't have the Addco Sway bar But When I lowered my Car I Had to replace the stock End links due to the lowering. I can imagine that the end links supplied (to your kit) were merely a Grade 8 Bolt and a hollow tube with washers etc.. I had the same problem were as my bolts got bent and distorted from the torsion/ weight applied to them. I found The Lincoln LSC end links in a bone-yard wire brushed them clean painted and installed. The result; A super tight and rigid rear end. The down side to it is that to find the links they're not sold new anywhere. If you do find them in a salvage yard make sure to get all the hardware sans the bushings, make sure that the corrosion is at a minimum. too much and it'll snap on you. Total investment $2. that's including the admission to the yard. Good Luck.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I ended up going with Energy suspention kit # 9.8119RC works great for me. $17 at autozone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts