TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my fuel pump just went out and my car is stuck in the driveway. My roommate said it was because I ran the car too long without enough gas in the tank. Has anyone ever experienced this withg a 255 lph pump. His source was from www.markviii.org. He further went on to say mark owner modified their "baskets" in the tank by drilling holes into to it make sure there is enough gas for the pump to suck up.

I havent read anyone having this done on here. Does anyone know all about this mod?

·
Registered
109 Posts
nope.... and I have runn the walbro 255 in about 6 Tbirds....

are you not hearing the pump cycle on?

have you checked the inerta swich? they go bad on a regular basis.... I had one that would over heat.... be able to drive for 5 blocks, car would die, then sit for aboyt 15 mins, drive 5 blocks and repete

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't checked the IFS(will take a look now) how do know when that goes bad? I can here a noise that sounds like a power window motor whirring like its being rolled up.

I have heard a bad fuel pump before on a stock 3.8 explorer and this doesn't have that staggering sound that made.

·
Registered
109 Posts
if you hear that sound, then your pump is spinning.... next thing is stick a fuel pressure gauge on it and check the pressure.

wen the switch goes bad.. you will not hear the pump. I unplug the switch and jump it and then listen for the pump. (for testing only)

·
Registered
704 Posts
running an electric fuel pump with low fuel in the tank will kill the pump.....regardless if it's the stock pump or an aftermarket 255LPH pump.

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well I concluded the pump was bad from running it too low(didn't make all the right noises, which it does now I hear it cycle) and put in a stock one from autozone as this was the only available choice. Its in and done but the damn car still wont start. I pressed down on the schrader valve to see if any fuel is getting to the rail and it is not. No fuel spurts out none. I had an sct tune on the car with the 255lph pump so I switched it back to stock just in case and this made no difference.

I don't think I messed up putting the pump in, its impossible to put it in any way but the correct way. I have done a pump before and know what it entails so I don't think I missed anything. ANyone have any suggestions.

Could the fuel filter be clogged up where the car won't start?

LOL I just gabbed with dirtydog and I had to laugh about how cheap my fuel pump is, afre hearing his story about how cheap they are(replaced 9 of them) and the good chance you will buy a bad one I went to try my car again. And the pump isn't working now its groaning, my pump went bad in an hour. What is this sh1t!

·
3,868 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
plus I am reeling still from a gas bath my head is spinning.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts