TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have already posted this on Sccoa but not many people are chiming in. I took the car to Dallas Mustang to have it Tuned...On the last dyno run, after he let off the gas, I heard a tapping noise on deceleration on the dyno...After that I have a loud tapping noise coming what seems to be the valvetrain of the car...I have torn down the motor and the pushrods are all straight, the rockers are perfect, the springs are not broken, and the lifters are fine as well as the cam. When I had to drive it back...off the line it had plenty of power through 4th gear bunt under lots of load in 5th the car would shake and feel like it is missing. The noise goes away above 2500+ rpms or at least it is hard to hear. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
tricky question. my first thought would be the valve train too. are you sure everything in there is in good condition and torqued down properly? that's the only thing i can think of.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, I think I have found the problem...Everything was torqued down properly and I put everything back together...started and I noticed white smoke...from the passenger side of the motor in the bay and out the pipes....Blown Headgasket...it has to be....the oil is still good in it but I need to get it done....this sucks

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, I will replace them, run a better MAF and some methanol Injection and I will not stop until I am at 415 rwhp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts