TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im hoping somebody can help me. oil pressure has always been good then one day my oil pressure or at least the pressure gauge (stock) drops into the red as soon as I hit 3000-4000rpms under heavy throttle, then goes back to normal when I ease of the gas Im driving a 94 cougar 4.6l with 130,000ml all stock except for removed mufflers and air silencer. Id appreciate any input

·
Registered
801 Posts
dude i wouldnt worry about it.

just change your oil sender sensor, im pretty sure this will fix the problem, but dont pay too much attention to these ford gauges, they are not accurate, as long as you dont hear metal to metal grinding then your oil is ok, my car stays right before the N from NORM all the time, it dosent move, and my car runs perfect.

Marvin M.

·
Registered
940 Posts
my 94 3.8l has the same problem, except at higher rpm's 4000-up, I think I'll have to get the sender and see what happens.

·
Registered
7,758 Posts
Tip on replacing the Sender

Be sure you don’t over tighten the sender when you replace it. It has pipe threads and needs to be tight, but not overly tight. I know, because I just split the aluminum housing that it threads into. The housing is behind the power steering pump and has the radiator hose, oil filter and sensor on it. Ford part = $280, Labor = $350…… It was a hairline crack that was spraying oil. Just a few words to save you some major grief.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Dang you guys answer fast, thanks. I did end up thinkin it was the sensor, now ive just got to replace it........yippy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts