TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought my car for 1200 dollars, and its just now ready to get legal, but when i ask the guy i bought it from to get the title switched, he says he cant find it

so about three days later, he still cant find it, so im like alright, ill file for lost title, but i go to the DPS, and they say that the car was never transfered to Texas, since the guy moved from Florida, they just got a non-negotiable title, just to get it registered, so im talking to the guy again tommorow, and if he cant find it, then I have to file for lost title in Florida, then get the title put into my name in texas. so what should i do? the guy has had almost 4 months to find the title, and he cant find it. maybe somebody from TCCOA in florida could mail me the papers to file for lost title? if so, it would be greatly GREATLY appreciated, thanks ahead of time!!

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
If it comes to getting the papers filed in Florida, send me a PM, I'll help as much as possible. Let me know if that is what it comes to.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I bought my car from a dealer in June.

I'm yet to get my title. Dealer has to pay the tax ($300) because they screwed up on the trade and doesn't want to.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts