TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just took off from house and got about 4 miles down road then od felt like the trans was low on fluid so I stopped sure enough it was a little low so I poured a little in and started to drive on but it still felt like it was slipping so I turned od off and 3rd was fine then it started slipping like it was low. still downshifts fine but its slipping on 3rd and od have i grenaded another one? 3rd one so far if so.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
funny was going to get it tuned this weekend and have chip programmed.
already bought my SCT module but havent had it programmed.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
in a week? only put 85 miles on it. so probably clutches? think everything else is ok? So I can probably just change clutches and program it and it should be ok?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clutch change should be easy shouldnt it just remove pump, diode, and the clutches are right there arent they?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Well yeah, the intermediate clutches are right there. There are a few more that are deeper and you will need some special tools.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Betcha you could have saved a lotta grief by haveing lonnie do some programming for you... these crossbreeds just need a lotta stroking to get to work right, and not all that is in any basic 'cookie cutter' file either... ya gotta know what youre doing, or lotsa work and money are gone :headbang:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
was going to have to replace the clutches anyways (using a V-6 trans thats short 1.)so I'm not stressed too much -just wanted it to last a little longer than a week of driving. but oh well-the B**ch of is I have an Art carr Regular AOD sitting on floor next to new engine,New exhaust, intake,MAF meter and Nitrous kit. and I cant even use the damn thing.on last trans took old AODE front pump cover off and Roller diode parts fell out-looked at pump and pump bolt heads are sheared off at washer.but found out that many parts were updated when it was rebuilt 30,000 miles ago but the bonehead didnt replace roller diode with Mechanical. doh could have been prevented all along, BTW what tools do I need to replace the other clutches and who has best prices on raybestos clutches(think I shouldnt use ALTO's from what I'm told)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also how you like the powerdyne?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Well, you only need one program to make it work, trick is to get the program right in the first place.... I certainly wish you luck tho......

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
best part of the powerdyne was the price... no cooler limits me somewhat :xpwink:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
he wanted twice the price of a 4 program module to make 1 program so I took a chance--still cheaper after I buy clutches and gaskets. he wanted 599 + tax for a single program
I don't recall all our exact conversations but I do know for a fact that I never quoted 599 for a single program chip. As you recall I even linked you several times to my site and chip page with the prices on the pages. I also sent you other links but you wanted it all spoon fed to you and would just ask the same questions over and over when all you had to do was read the links I provided. I have never sold a single program chip for 599, that is just insane. I do remember you asking for multiple programs and that may have been the price of having 4 programs. I had saved the PMs but since the site has gone to this new setup my box was filling up every day with the reduced space we have so I had to delete some. I deleted yours because just as I suspected you pumped me for as much information you could on the false pretence that you were buying a chip from me so I would of course help you out. Then you told me you would call me back to order the chip when straightened out your funds. Well it looks like I will have to start saving all my PMs if I'm going to be accused of price gouging. And in the end you still didn't listen to my advice. You went to 2 or more other people that told you to listen to my advice. I got it straight from the guy that designed the trans and software. But I guess you figured you knew better than all of us and took the cheapest way out. And now look where you are.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Dan, I just spent that last few hours going through all my emails at my website since if you recall you also had me invest about 3 hour of my time coming up with pin-outs, drawings and pics of the different components in your trans and what the differences were. I also found this...

Sent: Wed 12/22/2004 9:18 PM
To: Dan [mailto:[email protected]]
Subject: Re: pin outs

The single program chip is 325 plus shipping. If you are in FL you also will be charged sales tax. I didn’t realize you had it in the car already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 2:40 AM
To: Blue Oval Chips Inc
Subject: Re: pin outs

how much for a chip? yes it does slip 1-2 is slugish and 3-4 is not even noticable(that it shifted)

If anyone wants a copy of this email to prove my case I will gladly email it to them.

Also folks this is the second incident like this in 2 weeks, not both from here though. From now on I will no longer be conducting any business on this site with PMs. You will have to contact me through my business email so that I can archive all communications so that I don't have people trying to slander and ruin my reputation. Sorry it had to come to this but I can't keep a business going if I can't cover my own A$$

[email protected]

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I stand corrected-sorry didnt save your pm's either and lost me emails but had chip prices written down and had blue oval at 599(must have been a different blue oval) do you agree that 275 for a dyno ran program is a good deal though? can we agree on that at least. anyone who knows me would agree that I do not intentionally make anyone mad its not in my nature. I have written in the past how much of a help you have been and thanked you on many occasions for your help. I would go to you in a heartbeat even at 599 if I hadnt gotten such a great deal on the programming I am now getting. I check prices and yours was not way out there by any means actually it was quite reasonable, I have prices written down of 599,549,500,379, 354even one for 600 so your not overpriced at all but I recently got WD pricing from a manufacturer and found someone who would create a base program and then run me on the dyno for tuning. So I print this as a retraction to my above post and thank you one more time for the help you have given me in the past. I am sorry for any hardship I may have caused to lonnie or Blue Oval chips.
-Dan

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Lonnie, I talked to you somewhere around 7 last night and then you posted at 11p and then 1a and 3a. Dude, do you ever sleep?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
now thats that back to questions:
Do I need to change the steels sice all I did is hurt the friction side or can I just clean them up and reuse them.what special tools will I need to replace friction plates I know intermediates dont require anything. should I replace anything else while I'm in there like stub shaft(I think I already have the better one though(98) what about the intermedate pressure plate do I need to change it while I'm in there or do you think I hve the better one already.
thnx in advance for any help you can provide.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts