TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i got a Clarion CRX6475, a couple of years old, for free from a friend about a year ago. It played okay, skipping only every once in a while. He said it might be cuz of dust. the guy who had it before him lived on a gravel road. so i took the top of it off and sprayed some compressed air into it. Now it skips like crazy. Any suggestions???

Also the remote that came with it, all the buttons work except the track skip/ station change buttons. WTF??

·
Registered
604 Posts
You might've moved the laser pickup with that compressed air, causing it to be even more misaligned than it already was. As for the remote, perhaps the other buttons are for a higher end model of the deck.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
yea, forced air is not a good thing to use on a cd player, it can cause parts to become misaligned, the only way to fix it is have a repair shop look at it for you. but, depending on the model, it may be more cost effective to get a new one. and yes the remotes for clarion units are all universal, so you will get some buttons that only work with the higher end units.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh. well i am going to get a new one anyways in a few months just seeing if I could fix it to tie me over until then. thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts