TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys here is my problem. When I first start my car in the morning or after it has sat for hours it will idle at about 1000 rpm. My regular idle is at about 750 or so. Now when it is cold and I hit the throttle the engine seems to choke out for a second and the rpms drop, sometimes even to the point of the car stalling. This only happens when the car is cold and after a few minutes of driving everything returns to normal and the car runs fine. I have no idea what this problem is. If it were my TPS then it should have the problem all the time, correct? And if it were a vacuum line it should not only affect the car when it is cold!!! has anyone had similar problems or does anyone know where i can look for a fix for this..

thanks, your help is greatly appreciated

CanadianCat

·
Registered
604 Posts
Clean, clean, clean yo MAF. (in a chant-like rhythm)

·
Registered
286 Posts
Might be the coolant temp reading too warm and running you a bit lean at startup. Don't know if the intake air temp has as great an effect on mixture. Throwing any codes?

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
Old wisdom in cold climates allways was to Idle the car for a few minutes , letting it warm up to eliminate stalling or hesitation in traffic, plus not putting a strain on cold parts that are more fragile... all that being said , Your IAC valve should prevent stalling and hesitation, but it wont work up to snuff if its greasy/dirty/clogged ,and it will be stiff too, until the car is warm if greasy.. Check it ,clean it, or replace it....LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts