TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I've always loved this forum and loved how much information people have. I tried to post on my SVT forum but no one had any ideas and there really isn't too many people there. It's a 1998 Contour SVT, with about 94K miles. The problem started a week or so ago. I would pull up to a stop sign with the clutch in and the car would feel like it wanted to die. I pulled away and it was fine. It happened a couple of other times but the car never died. I was driving back from dinner a couple of days ago, and it was REALLY cold (-20 with windchill), the car was fully warmed up, and i was pulling up to a stop sign doing about 15 mph clutch in, and the car just died, didn't stutter or anything, just straight up died. I start it right back up on the first crank. The very next stop sign i can feel it trying to struggle, and i give it a little gas and just roll the stop sgin (It was about 9 pm, and no one was around) and it back fired. The next stop sign i wasn't prepared and it died again, but started right back up. I was basically home at that point, and i parked it and haven't touched it. The wierd thing is that it will idle fine while its sitting, but the second you are in a roll it wants to die. Cruising around town is fine. I am at a loss, i have no idea what it could be. Any ideas would be great, Thanks!!

-Jon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts