TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
95 bird 4.6 with the 4r70w shifts fine like it should at part and full throttle with out nos,when i run the nos it wont shift unless i let off the nos button any ideas?
thanks
mike

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
what trans set-up do you have? J-mod, different stall? anything done to the trans at all or is it bone stock?

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
and to add to that, you still running the stock eec program?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stock trans stock t. converter no modifications b4 i put the trans in i did both front and rear seals and a new filter and gasket ,a nd also had the t converter and cooler lines flushed,stock tune,also i installed gutted cats,magnaflow cat back exhaust,u.d.pullies ,255lph fuel pump,a.f.p.regulater,and custom cold air set up
and to add to that i spent all my money and cant swing a chip or xcal2 rite now

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the zex kit is wired correctly,i checked over everything again,it was a simple install,one wire to a switch to arm the box and the other wire to a push button to engage the unit

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
what? should have been (and its been awhile since i put mine on) a ground, power wire, a wire to the switch and a wire to the tps.

are you using the wet or dry kit?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
iwe are getting side tracked on the problem at hand ,my problem is with the trans shifting not the zex kit should i have this thread put in the transmission section?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Well if its wired wrong and goofs up the TPS then it won't shift properly. I have installed these, so I know you have to hook to the TPS. Are you absolutely, positively sure it is wired properly?
Darrin

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
yup, thats what i was getting at. if its shifting fine every other time then i really dont think you have a transmission issue. and if you did darrin is the expert on trannys so he would know.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i dont have the zex hooked to the tps
i was thinking maybe the tranny cant handle the exrta torque and is somehow slow to responde under nos load

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
What I was trying to get at was if he modified the rear gears and did not reprogram the eec, his shift points will be all messed up. If you're running the dry kit it sounds like a wiring problem to me also. You shouldn't have to do the fast and furious "nahhhssss" button with a zex dry.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
You should replace your trans anyway. The stock 94 is not going to last very long with nitrous. It breaks easy enough n/a.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well its a new tranny from jasper ,i put it in my sisters 94 bird ,3 months later she was rearended ,so i took the tranny and put it in my 95 bird
also i have stock rear gears in my 95
on another note if i run the wire to the tps can i still use the push button to activate?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
joker77_2005 said:
well its a new tranny from jasper
I think you found your own answer. Jasper doesn't build anything like a performance tranny and if its for a 94-95 then you need something different to handle rough use even with stock power. The early transmissions can't do it, rebuilt or not.
Are you using a pushbutton with a dry kit?
Darrin

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea push button activation for the nos,i dont want it to spray b4 3k rpm
is there anything i can install in the trans to improve the shifting with out dropping the trans ie a certain shift kit ?

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
If you install anything to improve the shifting on a 94-95 transmission it will definitley break. The problem is with the internal components, not so much the valve body. Its actually a good thing you are not able to use the ZEX because your tranny just isn't up to it.
Darrin

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
well you would have to wire up a window switch, i think joel uses one or atleast knows more than me. out of the box the zex kit is wired to your tps and will spray at wot. i guess if you didnt want to worry about the window switch you could just wire it to the tps and hit the switch once you hit 3k.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well the zex kit works without any problems the way i have it hooked up ,it isnt wired into any sensors to turn on so a feedback problem is out of the question .ill just have to let off the nos to allow the trans to shift ,then i can hit the button again and so on .im not trying to set a land speed record ,i just installed it to have a little fun .on another note my 94 xr7 v8 that i bought new has 206k miles on it ,the trans has never been rebuilt and all i have done is drop the pan and do the filter every 45 k miles and i beat the hell out of it whenever i can and it still has yet to give me any problems(knock on wood).im hard pressed to believe that these trannys are that bad off coming from ford

1 - 20 of 28 Posts