TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I gotta say is, damn good stuff. It may be pricy, but its really good stuff. Ill take pics tomorrow to show how good it shines. I put it on after I got off work a couple hours ago, so taking pics in the dark would be pointless. It hazed as it was getting cooler (like blowing on glass).

·
Registered
316 Posts
yeah? how longs the finish last? and how long does it take to finsh a sc? i saw the stuf looked like water, dont know how well thats going to work so well. must be if you already cleaned and then polished then you use this stuff? or whats up?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
car needs to be cleaned of course, you just wipe it on, then wipe it off. It took me 30-45min, thats if you do it right.

·
Registered
316 Posts
thats actually not to bad. 45 minutes.

·
Registered
850 Posts
most detail-forums disregard the TW "ice" as hype, shine doesn't last long at all, in their opinion. I would use a clay bar and "klasse all in one" (polish/wax combo 1-step) which will give you a great shine, and protection for at least 6 months

·
Registered
608 Posts
i ahd been using mothers or meguiars gold class for a while, so ill prolly just stick with those, tried and true!. i have however been considering the zaino bros. stuff

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
ortbird said:
most detail-forums disregard the TW "ice" as hype, shine doesn't last long at all, in their opinion.
That wouldn't surprise me at all given the track record of TW products I've used in the past. It's all Meguiar's (or some pro-grade 3M) for this boy.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm planning to wash and clay and polish/wax my car after a LONG time; here's what i'm going to use:
Blue corral wash
Clay magic clay bar and spray lubricant
"Klasse all in one" one step polish/wax (the BEST!)
Einszett glanz wax (perhaps; even just the Klasse should be enough)

Those last 2 German products will surely make a difference, i can't wait till the smester is over to do it....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Turtle Wax Ice is not bad stuff, but it is different. It is advertised as a polish, but dirt is attracted to it like a wax. It's difficult to know if you have buffed out every place you applied Ice, since it goes on so clear and even after it dries to a haze it is hard to see. Like most TW products, it smells like toxic waste from a chemical factory.

I used this product on my white opalescent T-bird, and my silver frost Town Car.
It does give one helluva shine at night......almost a mirror like reflection off the hood of my Town Car. As for the durability of one coat, only time will tell. TW encourages you to apply more than one coat. It is good that it can be applied to plastic, and it did a great job of shining the side cladding and spoiler of the T-bird.

For me though, the jury is still out on this one.

·
Registered
316 Posts
for me the finish hardly justifies the price

$15 can get you meguiars step1 ($6), step 2 ($6) and some rags, and aplicators.
The shines nice, but not bieng able to see if you finished buffing out the stuff sucks hard. and then the finish doesnt last long.

Its nice and easy, and works out nicley when your not looking to foul up those new microfibers your just bought, with that left over residue from conventional waxes and polish, but the regular waxes do work so much better.

And as for direct sunlight applications, well i guess as long as no heat hits its its fine, i tried it, and it evaporated and left ugly streaks, and smears streaks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Turtle Wax "Ice" is the worst wax I have ever used. I tried it on the wife's red stang this weekend.

1. Hard to see were your applying it.
2. Left streaks that were hard to get out.
3. Shine was average at best.

I had to go over it with my Meguiar's quick detailer.

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
If your car is already clean and waxed, Meguiar's Quick Detailer, and Meguiar's Quick Wax are great stuff for doing "maintenence" between details. So all your really hard work (Like for example, doing Meguiar's 3-step process) lasts longer and doesn't have to be done as often!

I've tried using the clay bar, and it doesn't do anything for me that Meguiar's step 1 paint cleaner doesn't do.

·
Registered
163 Posts
over the weekend i gave my car a good wash, and i tried the nano wax which is basically the same thing as Ice. What i did was i washed the car, hand dried it, then i waxed it with a carnuba wax. then when that was done i used the nano wax. I didnt notice any difference and like everyone said it is really hard to see where you put it on. Maybe the fact that i already waxed the car, but i tried it and i didnt see any major improvement.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Here we go. I'm a bit of a fanatic when it comes to keeping my car clean and shining. My neighbors say I have a problem :rolleyes: . So be it. The first thing I do, before I even start the car, is break out the California duster. If it rained overnight, I break out the terry clothes or the chamoes. Then I go to the rims to make sure there is no brake dust. Everyday, I use a quick detailer on my car from top to bottom, plus the California duster. Before the quick detailers came out, I use to keep some distilled water in a spray bottle to do a "mini wash" on the car (I should be rich, who'd a thunk it?). I have a mini detailing shop in the trunk of the T'bird, and if I'm driving the Tracer, it all gets to go into it's trunk. I don't care if it just finished raining and the prediction is a terrential down pour an hour from now. For that hour, It Will Shine! So, I guess you can imagine that I am a fanatic. That means I've tried it all (almost). Wesleys' Bleachwhite is the Bomb, Armorall is the sh*t, nothing is really better than No-Touch, and Meguiars 3 step with a 6" orbital gets me off. Quick detailers'? I'm still trying. Meguiars' is very nice. Eagle one is as smooth as Meguiars, leaves it a bit slicker but not any shinier. Turtle Wax Ice (Spray) - I don't like the feel, it totally saturates the terry cloth (which means more product). Yes you do have to buff it clean, it doesn't have that slippery feeling I like, and it does not shine any better. It's not fer me, but that's just ME. :D

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Unless it's by Dupont, and it isn't, I doubt it. After the rain stops :rolleyes: I'll go out to the car and read the product label. More to come.

Edit - In checking the labels (on the spray type) there is no list of ingrediants. Just says that it is a synthetic.

·
Registered
316 Posts
the stuff seems o easy for a polish

But its actualy not. It streaks, feels greasy and wont last longer or even as long as carnuaba, or meguiars. zaino. etc.

I tried it after a cleaner wax, its okay, its shiny, but i dont feel like having to get the streaks out every time, and then coming back in a week to find the finish dull again.

Persoannly i go wish mothers detailer and clay bar after taking a nice pressure washer to the car. Clean off the tires adn rims, wax the rims with TW ICE, nice way to use the $16 bottle up, adn its shiny! USe Meguiars hot shot tire stuff to get em black and shiiny
then f i dont have time for claybaring, like no shade, and the suns coming up fast, ill do a meguiars cleaner wax (step1)
A meguiars polish(step2) then Meguiars GC. Or mothers carnauba.
I use mothers back to black for the trim outside.
Then the clean and shine the leather with meguiars GC leather spray, vaccum, and rid the car of all unisghlty trash and WD-40. Clean the windows last with an array of things. somtimes windex, sometimes other stuff. depends on how tired i am.

And i always get those # packs of air freshners so thats good.
Some people dont like the mothers back to black, and instead use wd-40.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts