TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got everything installed the other day after a couple of minor delays. Did some cleaning/painting to some engine parts as well.

Definitely can feel a huuuggh power gain:D Had a minor problem with a CEL at 1st, came up as a bad MAF Sensor. Had a couple of extra's and found one that works. I can actually hear my blower whine now over my exhaust.:tongue: blower whine is real loud too.

Car runs/idles good right now, at least it has for the last 3 days that I have drove it. Have had a few people look at what I have done and has said it really looks nice. Makes me happy when I hear remarks like that.

Well..... now I'm saving my $$ for the SCT chip, dyno/tune. Can't wait til then!!

Don't have pic's yet.... will take some over the weekend here and then figure out how to post them. May need one of you guys to help post the pic's for me... OK?

Jeff B.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Awesome news! Now we'll have to have a track meet or something after the tune - how's that sound?! Once you get pics, just email them to me and I'll host them. It'd really be neat if you can get some vids of the blower and such as well.... hint, hint. :D

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks.... as soon as I get a chance to shoot some pic's I'll send them your way. As far as a video of the blower whine, all I have is by way of my phone to do that. I'll try that to see if that'll work.

The track will be new to me.... sounds fun though!

Jeff

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unherd said:
Awesome news! Now we'll have to have a track meet or something after the tune - how's that sound?! Once you get pics, just email them to me and I'll host them. It'd really be neat if you can get some vids of the blower and such as well.... hint, hint.
Yesterday 06:51 PM
What is your email addy? I'll send them once you send the email address to me.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
unherd said:
Just click on my name to the right and select send email.
I'll need you to PM your email address cause I can't get the pic's to copy into the email through TCCoA.
I'm not smart when it comes to fiquring this crap out.:tongue:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Okay Jeff, first off you were right about the pics looking bad blown up. I tried to enhance the pictures all sorts of ways but found that they didn't look too bad with just a tad bit of lighting added and slightly enlarged. Enhancing with focus, though, just made the pictures look even more pixelated.

Secondly, the engine bay looks awesome. Great job! Can't wait to see it in person. The smaller ones are the originals and the larger ones are my attempts to enhance them a tad.

·
Registered
513 Posts
sweet, no someone in ky to compete with at the track, we gotta schedual a meet at bowling green sometime

·
Registered
72 Posts
Where you plan on getting it dyno'd and tuned at? I live in new albany and theres a place down grantline road i know that has a dyno, clemons racing i think.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1st off THEDANT21..... Welcome the th KY chapter!!:D

And yes, Your talking about Josh Clemons, w/ Clemons Performance. I have had my SC there twice on his Dyno.

I have recently found someone in Crestwood, Ky who is a SCT dealer and who also works at Tri-County Ford as a Mechanic. His Website:http://blankenshiptuning.com He is going to be doing my tuning for me and will be doing it at Auto-Motion on E. Broadway in Downtown Louisville. Been to Auto-Motion to scoop out the place and it is way nice. A Lady even runs the dyno, Cool Eh?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Warlockguitarman said:
sweet, no someone in ky to compete with at the track, we gotta schedual a meet at bowling green sometime
I started to think about it and I thought that would be cool. Seeing that you made the long trip to Louisville, we can meet closer this time. I'd like to see a track meet set up in Bowling Green. You oughta let us know when you want to go so we all can set something up. Heck, whenever Jeff is ready to run, I say go ahead and set something up Michael.

At the least, you and Jeff have to be there. :D

BTW, welcome to the KY chapter THEDANT21! :headbang:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
THEDANT21 said:
My chip has been tuned for everything my car has on it now, I just want to get it dyno'd. How much do they charge at clemons?
Yesterday 09:34 PM
If all you want to do is dyno the Bird w/no Tune it's $50 for three runs. At least that is what it was a year ago. Dyno tuning is like $100-150.
unherd said:
I started to think about it and I thought that would be cool. Seeing that you made the long trip to Louisville, we can meet closer this time. I'd like to see a track meet set up in Bowling Green. You oughta let us know when you want to go so we all can set something up. Heck, whenever Jeff is ready to run, I say go ahead and set something up Michael.

At the least, you and Jeff have to be there.
Never been to track to run, but I'd be up to a least two(2) passes down the track.:cool:

·
Registered
513 Posts
sorry Jeff i am gonna have to correct you bowling green is 1/4 mile and windy hollow that is 10 miles from me is an 1/8th

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Warlockguitarman said:
sorry Jeff i am gonna have to correct you bowling green is 1/4 mile and windy hollow that is 10 miles from me is an 1/8th
Oh... hey no problem. I actually mis-read the post, and I actually was referring to Ohio Valley. Yes, your right...... Bowling green is a 1/4 mi. track.

Thanks for catching that and correcting me.:D

Jeff B.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts