TCCoA Forums banner

201 - 220 of 366 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Progress is being made.

The radiator is in along with the oil cooler mounted again (had to take it out to get the radiator in). Fan controller is in place and just needs to be connected to the fuse box under the hood.

Lots of progress made on Sunday for the interior wiring. I'm just waiting on some parts to get going again. Time is suddenly running short. The first test and tune is March 30th. :zbash:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Progress! I decided to go ahead and put the header panel and nose back on the car and then the front lights (even though I'm not running actual lights).

I also put the battery box in the trunk but that's not exciting to see.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,082 Posts
Nice. I'd like to move my battery to the trunk some day to get the cinder block off the front of the car.

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts
Remember, MM; we don' t have a profanity filter anymore. :)

>:)

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
OK, so I gotta ask, and I'm sure it's been said before....

What are the nubs for on the headlight lens? I've always thought it's where the mold was injected from during manufacturing. Am I wrong? Am I right?

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts
They make you go faster easier by breaking the wind. :)

·
Super Moderator
4,939 Posts
OK, so I gotta ask, and I'm sure it's been said before....

What are the nubs for on the headlight lens? I've always thought it's where the mold was injected from during manufacturing. Am I wrong? Am I right?
They're designed for mechanical headlight alignment tools; to give a uniform alignment point.

RwP

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #217
I took a buffing wheel and polishing compound to mine after wet sanding the yellow lights. Came out looking brand new. :wink2:
I've actually done that. If you look closely at the pic you'll see that they are clear, they are just yellow near the edges. It's on the inside and there isn't much I can do about it. Honestly, on my give a **** list, this is just about at the bottom. Racecar. :xpcool:

·
Super Moderator
10,655 Posts
My brother-in-law made an aluminum panel for the grill, lights, etc. for his 68 Camaro drag car.

Then he got a friend to paint it to look like the original front of the car.

If it's the right time of the day so the shadows match, it looks identical from 10 feet away.

Lightweight, and classy. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Just an update. I'm still working through wiring. I'm really slow because I dislike this part so much. However, I have working brake lights, a working ignition switch and I can get the car to turn over via the push button starter while leveraging the clutch pedal position sensor. I also wired in the bypass for the fuel pump cutoff (removed the inertia cutoff switch and put a manual switch inline on the dash panel). I have a working battery wired in and the dash master power switch is wired to allow the cutoff of the battery and alternator with the dash light wired through it to the regulator.

My next challenges are connecting the VSS to the ECM and speedometer, and then the rest of the gauges. I'm making progress although it's slow.

I have to lower the engine because it won't clear the hood. I ended up putting a bigger spacer between the upper and lower intake so I need to lower the engine by about the same amount. I have parts coming to do that.

201 - 220 of 366 Posts