TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about buying a four cylinder car soon and converting it to an alternative fuel. What are your ideas about this? I'll be living in Atlanta soon, and mileage with low, low emissions is something I am getting very interested in.

I'm also pissed off at OPEC, so anything I can drive on that WE make, I'm for!:D

·
Registered
663 Posts
Propane or CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) are proven performers. If you are able to afford it, why not go with a Toyota Echo or the Honda Fuglything (can't remember the name of it) hybrid? From what I've read, both of them are REALLY easy on gas, never require recharging and are good for the environment to boot. If you went with a CNG or LP powered vehicle, you will be limited because of the lack of convenient refueling stations. Just fuel for thought... Pun intended! :tongue:

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
Warped said:
Propane or CNG (Compressed Natural Gas) are proven performers. If you are able to afford it, why not go with a Toyota Echo or the Honda Fuglything (can't remember the name of it) hybrid? From what I've read, both of them are REALLY easy on gas, never require recharging and are good for the environment to boot. If you went with a CNG or LP powered vehicle, you will be limited because of the lack of convenient refueling stations. Just fuel for thought... Pun intended! :tongue:
Toyota Prius
Honda Insight
Honda Civic Hybrid
... 3 hybrids that get great mileage

There are also the Ford Taurus CNG vehicles. I believe there is a Ford Escape CNG as well. I am not totally sure. :leftright

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
there is also a ford Ranger that runs on gas/propane..

not bad.. .same 4 banger thats in my genie lift at work

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
fix your link.. hehehehe here it is corrected:

Click ME

word, nothing beats grilled hamburgers right after running an 11sec 1/4 mile!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts