TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to fix a bad PS leak on my 91 XR7, I *think* it is at the connection from the steering gear...fun, fun. In trying to trace the lines it would appear that there is a power steering cooler connected at the lower front passenger side, does this make sense? I've search in the forums and online but cant find any mention of a stock PS cooler on these cars. If they did come with one and i need to replace the pressure line, the only lines I see available seem to not equipped for a PS cooler, in other words they connect from the pump directly to the gear. Does this sound right?

--
John

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chris, that explains a lot. Would you suggest going in from the top or dropping the rack to get that line disconnected and replaced? Doesn't look like too much room is there but if I remove the battery and washer res it may be do-able. The Haynes manual isn't much help as they show diagrams for the 3.8L which allows for plenty more room than the 5.0L. Step 3 in the rack removal is to disconnect the lines like they are readily accessible <NOT>

1 - 3 of 3 Posts