TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it has been raining here for 2 days straight now I am getting this puddle of rainwater in my passenger side floorboard. I know it is not the heater core. It seems to be getting in my heater motor also, when i turn the fan on I hear water swishing around and see more dripping out on the floor. Where would water be leaking back there?
Tyler

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
there was a problem in the early years with the cowl leaking, but I've noticed newer models having the same problem. I think their problem is seal around the cowl went bad...

·
Registered
298 Posts
what seal are you talking about? the big weather stripping that goes on the cowl and under the hood?

·
Registered
321 Posts
If you take off the plastic piece under the windshield wipers, on the passenger side there is an oval duct which is the outside air intake for the AC and heater. There is a shallow lip around it to keep out water. When it rains heavily the water can back up and go over the lip into the AC, and will leak out inside the car. There is a TSB: 91151 which is a fix for this. It is a plastic ring that is higher than the existing lip that is glued around the intake opening. This keeps the water out.

The part number is F1SZ-63021b26-A
Mike Donley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts