TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a shudder for a while now and have replaced plug wires twice, replace TC with the Mark 8 and now have replaced the tranny with a mark 8. Still have a shudder and under WOT it feels like it is slipping, but could of been detonation after what happened today. Today I decided to pull out my 2nd Gen. Customchip that i received a couple years back and now it still shudders but also as soon as you get on the throttle a bit it detonates like crazy. I turned the car on and pulled each plug wire one at a time and each one did the same thing, so I dont think it is the plugs or wires. Anyone have any Idea why it got worse when I pulled the chip? Could it be the coil packs?
Thanks
STeve

·
Registered
654 Posts
Try pulling your octane plug out if it helps then it is timing related

grey plug (solid) by the MAF

Curt

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pulled plug and still the same result, I guess it is more of a miss or hesitation than a detonation. Almost like its not getting enough fuel. With that chip in there will it send more fuel than without it. I just dont get why it is so much worse without the chip.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Maybe clutch packs in the trans going bad. Does the shutter get faster with speed? Could be U-Joints. If a coil pack goes bad it just won't fire. Your ignition module might be firing the coils iradically. Try a lower grade fuel. If you have been using a low grade fuel try a high grade fuel like 93. If your gaps are set to stock .054 and it feels like a shutter or miss then try a gap of about .044. You could also have a bad injector (my stock 19# had a bad one) or the pressur regulator might be flooding under load or running your car lean under load.

I'm no expert, but a little advice helps

Clay

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Put in new AWSF-22c's in today and no more detonation or shudder, some times you learn the hard way. doh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts