TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched the threads and i didn't see any thing that mentioned a Part # for the Steeda underdrive pulleys that would direct fit onto a '95 4.6 cougar/thunderbird. If anybody would happen to have this part # it would be appriciated. Oh and i was just wondering what the term "piggyback" means. i saw it in a few of the threads and i wasn't sure what that meant. and is better than the steedas pulley system or what is the difference. i just want to know what i'm buying for sure before i find out that the steedas won't work without modifacations. thanks for the help.
MercCat_XR7

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Steeda P/N would be 701-0001, that will work without any modifications. A piggy-back setup re-uses the original Harmonic Balancer, the Steeda system builds one into the Crank Pulley. The Steeda system is generally regarded as the better setup, however it costs more.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried looking up the part # 701-0001 for the steeda pulleys on summit and jegs but it didn't come up with anything. where can i oreder these off of? thanks.
MercCat_XR7

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
MercCat_XR7 said:
I tried looking up the part # 701-0001 for the steeda pulleys on summit and jegs but it didn't come up with anything. where can i oreder these off of? thanks.
MercCat_XR7

The Steeda pulleys are manufactured by ASP, so if Jegs or Summit lists the ASP pulleys for the 4.6L Mustang those are ones you want also.

joseph

1 - 5 of 5 Posts