TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been hearing a lot about putting pullies on an MN12. I have not seen any on any sites. I have not seen any on ebay either, which has lead me to the following conclusions:

1. I am a moron, and have the searching skills of Ray Charles.
2. I am not looking on the correct sites.
3. These pulleies are off another vehicle.

So, with that in mind, can someone shed some light on this subject? I plan on installing an elec. fan in a month or so, and would like to get the pullies done as well. Thanks!

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
roy, a bit of advice. most of the power gained comes from the crank pulley. the other pullies dont add much power, unless you really want to have a complete set. if you go with just the crank pulley, you will need a 96" long belt. check the classifieds at v6power.net, they sometimes have crank pullies for sale there.

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Or sometimes a cougar owner will build a 4.4 stroked engine and blow it up, then sell you his ASP crank pulley for 25 bucks :D But that doesn't happen very often.
-Thomas

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tip big mike. I was not sure if this was true with V6's. I know the crank pulley is all that is needed on 4cly.. I'll be on the lookout.

QUESTION: I want to get rid of the A/C compressor. How long is the stock belt, as opposed to the "96 long belt? Perhaps I can use the stock size belt, and dump the a/c condensor. Just a thought.

·
8,978 Posts
I considered this also, since all of my AC has been deleted except for the compressor. There is no way to just bypass the compressor. The belt will collide with another pulley. You CAN, however, contact Dan Newman and order an idler pulley that replaces the AC compressor. It's just a pulley with a bracket that bolts in to the compressor mounting holes. There's a pic of one somewhere I'll try and find it...since I don't sleep.
-Thomas

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Roy Batty said:
QUESTION: I want to get rid of the A/C compressor. How long is the stock belt, as opposed to the "96 long belt? Perhaps I can use the stock size belt, and dump the a/c condensor. Just a thought.
stock belt length is 98.5" if my memory serves me right.

·
8,978 Posts
These are Supercoupe accessory brackets, and they're obviously a little prettier than your average bracket. But that top left pulley is the AC delete pulley.

-Thomas

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Pulley questions

Next question. How do I go about getting the delete a/c pulley?

Also, do stang GT pullies work on our cars? Saw on on an ebay link.

·
8,978 Posts
Contact Dan Newman for the delete pulley

No, GT pullies are for the 4.6 v8.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That goes double for the 3.8L, correct? At the risk of being repetitve, I do not want to miss anything.

·
8,978 Posts
Roy Batty said:
That goes double for the 3.8L, correct? At the risk of being repetitve, I do not want to miss anything.
Does what go double for the 3.8L? I don't really understand your question. Don't worry about being repetative, the only bad questions are the ones unasked.
-Thomas

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was talking about the Mustang GT pulleys. Do they also not work on MN12 3.8 L?

·
8,978 Posts
A mustang GT is a 4.6L v8. They will not work on any 3.8L ford. They will only work on 4.6L fords.
-Thomas

1 - 14 of 14 Posts