TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys, i am pulling my motor to pu a more souped up 4.6 in, i have everything unbolted and disconnected but the trans to block bolts and the motor mounts, i already have the torque converter unbolted and everything else.

thanks,
Brett

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
It's really not that hard to just pull them out together. I've done it. Undo the motor mounts (yes they are a pain, but this is why U joint sockets were invented) and make sure the linkages are disconnected... and take your time! going too fast will surely mean youll miss something.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I pulled the whole engine/trans out together. Just jack up the rear of the car and unbolt the cross memeber and the motor mount bolts (along with the other things) and pull it out. way easier to me than unbolting the two.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
I hope for the motor mounts, you are just trying to remove the 1 large bolt in the bottom and not the 3 that hold it to the block :D

You can get to these bolts from the front, go under the A/C on the passager side and go around the PS pump on the drivers side.

And for the engine to trans bolts, just get a nice breaker bar. I used a 18" breakers bar on them and didn't have any problems.

I also didn't have any problems connecting the engine and trans in the car. I just lowered the engine onto the engine mounts and left the trans jacked up (Had to lift it up to get the engine out) It was just lifted by the bellhousing. THen once the engine was in, I lowered the trans and put in the top 2 engine to trans bolts, then turned the crank and the TC studs just fell right into the flexplate. Maybe I just got lucky
:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts