TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my zex kit is complete and operational, tested it the other night and was pretty happy. except the tank psi was only about 400, but you can still feel the difference. my problem is that every time i hit the button for the purge it stalls the car. now before anyone says anything im not an idiot, i am more that capable of wiring this system. the kicker is that when you hit the purge it also triggers some kind of relay in the ecm looking box behind the pass. side light, that in turn kills the fuel pump or something and will stall the car. i have tried several different power sources and even went straight to the battery, makes no difference. you can keep the car running if you stay on the gas a little after you hit the button. somehow this solenoid is spiking the electrical system, somehow and that modual is resetting the pump? anyone with some real insight please chime in.

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
Make sure you have a good solid ground.

Also the solenoid itself may internaly be shorting out, and when it does all the power resorts to the box your referring to.
Do you have another source of 12 volts you can try it on? Like another car battery.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Take a meter and measure the resistance of the solenoid. Make sure its not shorted out.

Where are you grounding the solenoid and where are you pulling power from?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it is grounded in front of the shifter, right under the storage pocket. its a piece of metal framming for the center console. i used the abs slot in the fuse box that is live, but not on my car. also tapped into the wiper fuse, and once straight to the battery, all legit power sources with same out come. could a weak ground really cause this.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Not likely, sounds like you are shorting something out. Draw out your wiring on a piece of paper. You have a switch, hopefully a relay and the solenoid. Follow the circuit through. Make sure you didn't cross any wires and have any shorted.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
It should look somewhat like this:

I would have fuses in there too but this should give you the basics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts