TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
04 CV-LX 26K

I was cleaning out my air intake on the engine, and noticed a lot of oil in it.

Pulled the elbow off of the PVC valve and looked in the pipe going to the intake.

Quit a bit of oil in it????

On my other 4.6 ( 96 model Lincoln) it is fine.

Really strange, any input on this??

Thanks

·
Beer and Cheese
7,386 Posts
Do you have a aftermarket K&N air filter? I bought one of my K&N's on ebay and I had to oil it myself, I put a little too much on and it got all over my MAF sensor which gave me a "check engine light". If you don't have a K&N then maybe you sucked up some water on a rainy day. Make sure your intake tube, filter, and air box are securely tight.

Thanks,

Josh

·
Registered
490 Posts
ttus said:
Pulled the elbow off of the PVC valve and looked in the pipe going to the intake.
When you say you looked in the pipe going to the intake that makes me think you were looking at the P.C.V. (positive crackcase ventilation) breather tube and not the actual P.C.V. valve. If your C.V. 4.6 is the same as my XR7 4.6 the p.c.v. breather tube connects from the drivers side valve cover to the intake and the p.c.v. valve is in the passenger side valve cover. If the p.c.v. valve is gummed up and stuck closed that could cause the problem you're having with oil going up the crankcase breather tube and into your intake. They way to test your p.c.v. valve is to pull it out of the valve cover and shake it....if it rattles its o.k. if not it's bad.
Is your car running o.k.?
Eric

...If i misunderstood your question i'm sorry.:)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Oil from the PCV is fairly normal with a 4.6, if it bothers you get an air/water separator to put in the PCV hose.

If it's tons of oil, have your compression checked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts