TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All:
I'm looking for a supercoupe anti-sway bar to replace my stock 1.04" tubular bar in my 1995 Thunderbird LX -> Lemons track car.

http://www.tccoa.com/articles/suspension/sway-bars/sway-bars2.html

In referring to this chart, I see that 89 and 90 solid bars are a clear upgrade as they are "as big or larger" in diameter as my current sway bar AND solid vs. tubular.

My question is what about the 91-97 SC and 5.0/4.6L sway bars?

I see that they are smaller (.90" or .94") than my current stock bar but are still solid vs. tubular.

Q: Will I see a useful difference in stiffness considering that these bars are 9-13% smaller in diameter?

I cannot consider ADDCO bars b/c they will blow whats left of our $500 racing budget (darnthese Lemons rules).

BTW, if someone has these parts just laying around and wants to help out me out, please feel free to PM me. I'm also open to trade for whatever's left of my interior/comfort bits if there's something you want. I'm also looking for a set of SC springs to cut. This might be a bad idea for a daily driver but hey, it's lemons!

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=133407
-g

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
Ive done a lot of suspension swaps .. the most effective setup I did was a front and rear sway bar install with the Addco. Made a huge difference in handling. I am not sure how big of a difference it would be going to SC parts instead. They should be easy to find at the local junkyards.

I do have a pair of 94 SC front / rear sway bars .. not sure if the front is an upgrade though .. let me know if you cant find anything else and may be interested in these. According to the chart the SC has a smaller rear bar in 94 .. weird.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
I noticed a significant difference when I swapped my SC bars in. The big difference I seen (and I'm sure you will on the 94), is the shape of the front bar (LX vs. SC). The SC bar has a lot less bends in it, in addition to being fatter. Mine are from an 89 BTW.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
tight

Hi

I have a push in my car. Run 1 3/8" front
1.06 solid rear bar.

I need to loosen it up.
Going to try lighter front springs.?

:zdunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts