TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for info on going to a QA-1 setup, but can't seem to find much with a search (Hey, at least I tried). How much did they cost? How do they perform through the twisties? What kinds of adjustments are there? What did it take to install them? And so on...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
I'm looking for info on going to a QA-1 setup, but can't seem to find much with a search (Hey, at least I tried). How much did they cost? How do they perform through the twisties? What kinds of adjustments are there? What did it take to install them? And so on...

Thanks in advance
_95badbird has them in the front. I was considering using a set of cobra adjustables by kyb for the rear. Has anyone else done that?

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
For the short time I ran them, they worked great. I use them for drag racing though.
They are 12 way adjustable, 90/10 valving(can be changed), fixed compression, I run 325 lb springs(will be going lower soon).....
They ran me right around 650 or so for the front set.
That was 500 or 550 for the shocks
60 or 70 for the springs
and another 40 or 50 for the adjusting wrenches, and I opted for the torrington bearings to make adjustments easier.

out back I will be running Koni adjustables.....

I believe another member by the name of mercutio runs them too.
But he does run autocross type events....let me see if I can find him for ya.

oh, installation was a breeze....easier than the stock settup(cause you don't need a spring comporessor)

and 1 big thing for me, it dropped roughly 20 lbs off the front.

post number 8 says he runs them too...mercutio

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?p=949441#post949441

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
He's since modified a set of Mustang coilovers to work. From what I've read QA-1's suck for autoX.
hmmm, that i did not hear about....he hasn't logged in tccoa in about 2 years...

I wonder which ones he used.....as doing the mod your self does not seam to hard.....hmmm, this gives me an idea..

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
damn....lol

I guess I did......I forgot......i post too much.

·
Super Moderator
12,687 Posts
gotcha....I guess yall don't have global admin rights?
that sucks..
Not global but Guitar Maestro did give me some of the most active forums including:

Video/Images, Miscellaneous and most of the marketplace forums.

I've got enough to keep me busy.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I like this!

The set of konis I'm working up for the red car will go this way, I think.

I'm going to make a set of steel lower perches, so that I can use the stock springs; I don't like the upper perch shown for the smaller springs.

I want adjustable sport springs; they're just a little too stiff... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts