TCCoA Forums banner

Quad exhaust tips? Has anyone done it?

1K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  Trunk Monkey 
#1 ·
Interested in putting my exhaust tips corvette style through the bumper. Does anyone know how?

#4 ·
Ive tried searching for the last hour bit cant find the picture.

There is a guy with a silver cougar with center dual exhausts. It doesnt look good imo. Biggest issue is because of the spare tire well, the pipes have to be so low the just go under the bumper, stead of through it like the vettes. Second reason is because the way this guy did it. The pipes extended about 6 inches past the end of the bumper.

#9 ·
The hard part about it is the spare tire well in the trunk, I have a center outlet muffler and sized it up before I did my exhaust and I just think it hangs too low.

I went with these instead, it’s all stock exhaust except for flowmaster super 10 mufflers and the tips. I went with the super 10’s due to their size and being able to hide them and knew they wouldn’t be crazy loud with stock cats, manifolds etc. It sounds really good btw lol.

#10 ·
The hard part about it is the spare tire well in the trunk, I have a center outlet muffler and sized it up before I did my exhaust and I just think it hangs too low.

I went with these instead, it’s all stock exhaust except for flowmaster super 10 mufflers and the tips. I went with the super 10’s due to their size and being able to hide them and knew they wouldn’t be crazy loud with stock cats, manifolds etc. It sounds really good btw lol.
Yeah, the Tbird exhaust is pretty low. it is what it is. I swear someone did the quad-exhaust through the bumper once but I haven't had time to look and see if I have a picture of that saved somewhere.

Reactions: jtaylor9888
#15 ·
89-93 SC bumpers aren’t that rare, you’d probably have an easier time finding them than 89-92 LX bumpers at this point. 94/5s are very rare, fewest made for the fewest years, those so rare I grabbed two at the junkyards to sell locally, and relayed the information to the community if I found any others, which in total amounted to like 4 cars in 10+ years at numerous Chicago area junkyards I frequented at an unhealthy rate 🤣

Never bothered with 89-93s, they were common to find at junkyards up to 5 or 6 years ago. They’re usually sagging in the middle when the molded in tabs break anyway and the plastic tends to form a memory of the deformed shape even if you fix it with metal fasteners on the back. I think the exhaust cutout on that bumper is pretty visually unappealing, but he probably mitigated that problem at least

#16 ·
IMO, to do this right, you cut the middle out 8 more inches and take the outside ends of a donor bumper to finish the hole on either side of the tips. I think too much work, but if you're willing to cut the STW out, maybe could be done in a decent way.

I still like the turn down and out of the SC. That's how I had the exhaust on my Cougar just out of highschool. I'll likely do the same when finished

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.