TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two mods that I have seen and am interested in. I made some searches but didn't find a direct answer.

1. EGR Delete on a 4.6 - What are the pros and cons to this and how is it done other than just covering the hole?

2. PCV Delete - I am looking into both of theses mods because I am sick of all the oil and exhaust deposits in my plenum and intake. I hear you can just block the hole on the plenum and put a mini air filter in the valve covers for this. Any advice?

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
loopyj22 said:

1. EGR Delete on a 4.6 - What are the pros and cons to this and how is it done other than just covering the hole?
As for pros, you get a little cleaner looking engine bay and I've read that intake temps can be slightly reduced (more so woth an aluminum intake as opposed to a plastic intake). For the cons, I have read that you may lose a little fuel economy. I dont think I would do it on a daily driven car.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Aaron. I don't really want to lose fuel economyas its not too great right now with my mods but it's still a possibilty. I am looking to keep my intakes clean

·
Registered
56 Posts
im about to put a 5.4 in my bird ,i pulled the egr assembly off the exhaust and intake besides covering the holesis there anything else to this and am i gonna pull a code or check engine light any info will be helpful gas consumption is what im lookin for any ways right

·
Registered
615 Posts
for the EGR i think you will need a chip burned so the EGR sensor can be turned off. Also for the PCV i have herd that the little air breather filters are no good for our motor. So I don't know how you would exactly cover the whole on the valve cover and the intake??

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Don't delete either.

The EGR is very noticable. As an example, my SHO gets a solid 5mpg better than the same car without the EGR (mine's from cali)

The PCV should not be capped or vented to the bay. It must vent or pressure will build in your crankcase and cause problems. If you vent it to the bay, you are letting metered air out of the system, which will make you run rich. The only right way is to vent it to the plenum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts