TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if adding a 5%jackshaft to my combo would get me close?
I am running 13 pounds right know.
How mutch more boost would that give me?
all mods in sig.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
If you don't have an aluminum JS pulley, it probably wouldn't hurt. Just the weight savings over a stock jackshaft is nice.

What IC do you have? If it's a stock IC - I personally wouldn't do it, even with you having an IC Fan. That's still alot of heat.

-Melon

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i do have meth injection and when i repair my nozzle im going fromm 225 to 375

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
My brother ran a 14.35 this weekend is his 89 XR7 with only a ported out (we ported it ourselves outside the garage) stock blower/inlet plenum with GTP rotors and a 5% OD pulley. The rest of the car is completely stock down to the exhaust and everything. It has a fresh motor that we put new rings and bearings in ourselves in our garage with the stock internals and ARP head studs. The only other mod is removing the intake silencer.

You need to make the best of your current combo before you add anything else, or you're just going to be unhappy with the results. For less than $110 in mods, my brother's car is already quicker than yours at the strip. You don't need the flashy CAI to go fast. Spend your money where it counts and learn to handle the power you should already have.;)

-Rob

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
BTW, a good tune and possibly some larger injectors would help your car a great deal.

-Rob

·
Super Moderator
12,396 Posts
Quit screwing around with the engine and get some 3.55's or 3.73's and be done with it.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
3.73's and Lentech VB would wake the car up nicely :D I still say a good IC upgrade should be done.

I ran 14.85 on a stock engine except exhaust, 94 blower w/5% OD, and ZR intake. Went to the Lentech trans, convertor, and double IC and dropped to 14.3. If I had a chance to go to the track with the 50# injectors, MP2, and the tune - I'm pretty sure I would have been 13's easy. But that's just my experience.

-Melon

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys for the input ,Next thursday i get my tune already set the time.
I am also putting on my 76 [email protected] maff

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
thanks guys for the input ,Next thursday i get my tune already set the time.
I am also putting on my 76 [email protected] maff
Is your car auto or manual? Can you post up your time slip to look at it?

I'm still thinking you need a driver mod the most. My bro went back to the track tonight with his XR7 and ran a new best of 14.02 with no additional mods. Here is his thread on SCCoA. He's got all of the run details on there. Mods, ice, weight reduction, etc.

-Rob

·
Registered
2,472 Posts
If I'm thinking right with those mods you should be in the low 14s if not 13s.

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have the info written down in my log book. I have my 15.00 slips nut my 14.6 and 14.8 i can't find and im pissed off cause i keep all my slips in the same folder.
so im still tryin to locate those 2 . but on the 14.6 run i had a 2.02 60 ft. and 93.00.mph in the 1/4

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
stock 3:27 gear

I just got the car tuned/maff /and blower top
the 14.6 was in 38 degree weather
with stock blower and no meth kit

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the car weighs 3.900 and im 347
it's a auto car has rebuilt tranny

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea my goal is 230 . i go to gold's gym 5 days a week by june i want to be to 300
AT THE FIRST OF THE YEAR I WAS 380

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol

·
Registered
680 Posts
yea my goal is 230 . i go to gold's gym 5 days a week by june i want to be to 300
AT THE FIRST OF THE YEAR I WAS 380
Congrats, man. It is harder than most people think to stay committed to the gym and lose the weight. I have trouble keeping in the shape I want for football, and I work out quite a bit.

Stephen

·
Banned
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yes it is BUT THE SCENEREY IS GREAT MOTIVATION.My car is faster for free. lol

1 - 20 of 33 Posts